If you get a real buzz from supporting people to secure their future through employment and education and by developing others to provide the same life changing support, then this might be the job you've been looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the grass roots of a new employment service serving the people of Kent.
You will be working with the National Employment Lead to recruit a team of Employment Advisors and be responsible for designing an employment service that has clear pathways, interventions, and outcomes that are measurable and are in line with best practice.
The post holder will engage Talking Therapies staff in services in the employment offer within the organisation and launch the Kent Employment Support Service for NHS Talking Therapies Ensures there is consistent and high quality of training of the employment staff within Kent Employment Support Service. You will also be responsible for leading local employment organisations and overseeing the delivery of a high performing employment service that meets the needs of our service users.
To carry out this job successfully, you will:
- be educated to degree level or have equivalent work experience with evidence of continuous professional development
- have at least 2 years’ experience of helping people who face severe disadvantages to secure and retain employment
- have experience of working collaboratively with multi-agency partnerships
- be an experienced people manager and coach/mentor
- have knowledge and experience of consulting and co-producing practices with service users
- understand the principles and practices of the Integrated Support Placement (IPS) model of supported employment
- be able to work in a complex environment and have the resilience and commitment to achieve success within agreed timeframes
- demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- know how to support service users and employers when the employment might be at risk
- be able to communicate complex information in a way that can be easily understood, both verbally and in writing
- be able to manage your time effectively, dealing with unexpected demands when needed
- able to work flexibly from different locations and unsocial hours as required
This role requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS/PVG with Adult and Child barred list checks.
Candidates who have some or all of the following in addition to the essential criteria will be at an advantage:
- experience of working with people recovering from substance misuse, mental health issues or a similar client group
- knowledge of the benefits system
- experience of delivering training
- experience of managing a budget
- ability to use social media to promote and raise awareness of the project aims
- an understanding of education, training, and employment services
- knowledge of the Equalities Act 2010
- ability to assess the learning and development needs of others and provide constructive feedback to facilitate performance improvement
- able to discuss sensitive issues with clients such as health and agree if and how this can be shared
- working knowledge of a wide range of occupations and jobs
- experience of providing advice to co-workers in relation to service user employment needs
- understanding of the difficulties faced by people who experience substance dependency and the barriers related to securing and maintaining employment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that’s staying safe and healthy, making small changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that’s right for them either face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so that more people can get support.
We Are With You.