At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and problem solvers. Ambitious innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and the world.
We are seeking a C-17 Training Scheduler to support the Boeing Field Services Team at Brize Norton which is a vital part of the support that we provide the Royal Air Force Customer. We have a Team of 100 employees who work directly for and with the C-17 operational team, providing real-time, time-critical and multifaceted assistance at the point of delivery. This is a Team at the vanguard, and we are offering an opportunity to join that Team to you.
In This Role:
The C-17 Training Scheduler will manage all training activities incumbent on maintaining the Maintenance Approved Organization Scheme accreditation for the on-site Boeing Team. This includes managing the training schedules and certification status for all technical qualifications, and will also include all required Boeing compliance and role-related training, and health and safety courses.
This is a key supporting role in the MRP-145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) and the performance of these duties can positively (or negatively) impact interpersonal compliance. Responsibility for the AMO lies with the Accountable Manager and the Form 4 holders – this role will support and be accountable to these individuals.
Not only does the role require an individual who has a broad understanding of the UK Military Airworthiness Authority regulatory construct, but it also requires an individual who is a self-starter, does not require continual oversight, and is meticulous in their approach to the management of records and data.
- Schedule and perform all vital logistical pertaining to maintenance training for the entire MAOS team, as well as the wider team on-site i.e. Field Services, Supply, Safety Management, Environmental Health & Safety, and Quality.
- Generate annual training proposals with budget holder.
- Forecast efficient training schedules based on strategic plans.
- Liaise with internal and external training providers to support this training schedule. This will include working directly with the military customer for training, as well as liaising with BDUK indirect procurement where vital.
- Manage any necessary changes to the training schedules via a defined change management process.
- Manage any vital rescheduling efforts.
- Develop reports and analyses regarding training. This would include any Health and Safety, Quality and Safety Management System training requirements vital to ensure the safe and efficient execution of maintenance, and wider team, tasks.
- Assist in the collection and organization of data, including training records and certifications to meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Utilise in-house Management Systems – Centrik.
- Support the Boeing learning system, My Learning, and Learning Plans as an Operational User in the system.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- No particular education requirements are required for this role.
- Demonstrate and understanding of Business Operations, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the regulatory construct that applies to contractors supporting military operations – ideally an understanding of MAOS.
- A technical background, ideally within the aerospace industry would be helpful but not crucial.
- Experience of working within sophisticated projects/programmes in the Defence sector is highly desirable.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office applications
- Able to work independently without high levels of supervision (self-motivated).
- Ability to operate in a multifaceted environment.
- Eye for detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
What Boeing offers you:
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the approach and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year!
- Pension Plan with 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your ongoing personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks parental leave
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: Willingness and eligibility to undergo and acquire a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Virtual Work Option: The successful candidate to work initially on-site full-time to get the requisite training and experience and to build an understanding of the complexities of the role but once that has been achieved this role would suit someone who is looking for a Hybrid position.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.