Are you looking for a steady local job with opportunities in a well-established and growing company? If so, we’d love you to join our Warehouse Team on the Night Shift at our Canterbury Site!
You will be working on a full time, permanent basis, 47.5 hours per week, 20:00pm to 06:00am, Sunday to Thursday and in return, you will receive a competitive salary range of £27,000 to £32,000 dependent on experiencewith an increase in salary after successful completion of a probationary period plus a performance bonus scheme of up to £2,000 per year plus the potential to earn regular overtime.
You can expect to work as part of a great team with training provided where required in overhead crane, forklift and sideloaders.
ParkerSteel Limited are a processor and distributor of multi metal and engineering tool products to UK industry. Our business objectives are to provide competitive, bespoke quality products and services on a “just in time” basis. We are totally focused on providing a fast and reliable service to our customers, large and small, to support them in delivering their objectives.
ParkerSteel is part of a larger, extremely well-funded Multinational, £1bn+ conglomerate of Steel businesses, headquartered out of Dubai, employing in excess of 3,000 people.
Our staff are the core of our business and are the most valued asset. This is reflected in the way we are continuously investing and supporting our staff to improve their skills through training and development.
This is facilitated through innovation, clear and consistent communication to all stakeholders, and by commitment and effort to deliver value to all.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working as a team to load and unload steel with the minimum of damage to the correct racks, ensuring a good reliable service to our customers.
- Working in accordance with all safety rules and safe working practices.
- To pick and deliver material within our site to the production teams and machines in the required order and present ready for processing.
- Completing rolling inventory stock checks and ensure that all stock locations are maintained and products are correctly colour coded and labelled.
- Ensuring that all delivery paperwork is completed efficiently and correctly in accordance with company procedures.
- Being fully conversant with all aspects of Quality Assurance procedures which relate to the stock within the terms of BS 9001.
- Maintaining your Bay/racks/walkways and working area in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
What it takes to be a member of our Warehouse Team:
Attitude, attitude attitude!! Experience is not necessary, and whilst it is hard work and can be hot in the summer, and cold in the winter, if you take pride in what you do, our customers will notice and will love us all the more for it, which in turn will fuel our growth plans. You will have a positive approach to learning new skills and about our products and be willing to adhere to our health and safety guidelines. We’ll teach you the rest!
- Progression opportunities
- Annual Holiday allowance of 25 days after 2 years (plus 8 days bank holidays), (20 days first 2 years).
- 10% off Everlast Gym
- 4 times death in service life assurance
- Pension contributions.
If you have the requirements listed to become our Warehouse Operative (Nights), please click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!