calfordseaden is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering civil & structural engineering, building & quantity surveying, clerk of works, project management, employers agent, architecture, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability, building information modelling, development monitoring, expert witness, rights of light, party wall and health & safety.
Assisting their team at an appropriate level to their qualifications, skills and experience and providing a service to the company.
Candidate should be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work. They should pay attention to detail and be adaptable with a good command of the English language, and have an organised, mature and professional attitude.
Location: Based at Birmingham Office, but providing remote support to other offices.
- Maintain regular contact with all team members at the appropriate level;
- Undertake work in a diligent manner;
- Keep their manager appraised of important issues;
- Ensure that training needs are identified and addressed;
- Report progress to their manager.
Core office hours are 9.00a.m. to 5.30p.m., five days per week. However, this is a part time role of between 4 and 7 hours per day, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with some flexibility for other cover e.g., sick leave, annual leave, etc.
The candidate will be qualified to the required level for their existing duties but will be expected to develop their competency through experience and continued learning.
- On a daily basis, provide support to all staff
- Attend group meetings every six to eight weeks
- Attend one to one reviews at half yearly intervals
- Word processing from audio e.g., letters, minutes, Schedules of Condition, reports, Specifications, Contract Instructions, Payment Certificates, Final Accounts, Schedules, Employers Requirements and Appointment letters.
- Reception duties including:-Greeting Clients, handling deliveries and couriers, answering the telephone (via MS Teams), taking accurate messages and transferring calls.
- Copy typing.
- Arranging and preparing refreshments for meetings.
- Opening, distributing and scanning (where necessary) of post
- General administration duties including; photocopying, scanning, binding and filing, replenish photocopy supplies.
- Archiving closed project files (including scanning files into our Document Management System)
- Planning and maintaining group appointments/schedules.
- Assisting other members of Non-Technical (admin) team, in carrying out their duties, where and when necessary (e.g. during absence through sickness, holiday or other leave).
From time to time, carrying out other such duties as are required to maintain the smooth and efficient operation of the office.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment
Our values, which are:
Collaboration – being one team and supporting each other to achieve the best results and maximise our potential
Being Yourself – being true to ourselves and other and celebrating differences
Social Value – recognizing and embracing the need for our work to have a positive social impact
Excellence – Striving to be up with the best and at the forefront of what we do
Support – providing investment, encouragement and support to bring out the best in our people
Integrity – being honest and doing the right thing
are integral to everything we do and are reflective of our interaction with each other, our clients, our wider stakeholders and how we approach our work and present ourselves.
Our brilliant team consists of individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best results and are ultimately why our clients choose to work with us time and time again.
Wellbeing and Inclusion are at the forefront of our people strategy, and we are now happy to offer hybrid working on 95% of our roles and have recently committed to enhanced Family Leave schemes (after a qualifying period). We also invest heavily in Leadership and Management Development and Female Leadership Programmes. We are passionate about encouraging more diversity within the construction industry and are looking at apprenticeship and schools outreach programmes as part of our strategy.
If you are aligned to our values and are a talented and commercially minded Administrator/Audio Typist, please apply, or if this job isn’t quite right for you but you would like to start or progress a career within construction consultancy, please send us your CV for one of our future roles.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered.
At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List A or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List B (Please see Supporting Document 1). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists.
Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant’s file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Under General Data Protection Act 2018 all employees are responsible for records held, created or used as part of their work for calfordseaden, whether paper-based or electronic, which also includes emails. Records should be managed and stored appropriately and should in all cases comply with the requirements of the ACT.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.