Job descriptionCompany Description
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Each of our operating divisions has a distinct focus:
Informa Connect aims to provide expert content you cannot Google, and access to specialist networks and communities, through major branded annual events and specialist digital communities and content services.
Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
Informa Tech aims to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world by providing research, media, training and events to specialist technology communities worldwide.
Taylor & Francis commissions, curates, produces and publishes scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, advancing research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Our fifth division is Global Support, which provides shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions
Chief Financial Officer, EMEA, Informa Markets Reports to: President EMEA, Informa Markets
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates or London, UK (travel in the EMEA region is required)
Direct reports: Nine (total EMEA finance team of 18)
The EMEA CFO is a key strategic and operational role for Informa Markets’ EMEA business. You will work closely with, and support, the EMEA President, acting as a pro-active, strategic business partner.
You will be a member of the EMEA leadership team and play a key role in the development and execution of strategic plans across the region, in addition to financial planning and analysis, reporting and forecasting.
You will be responsible for corporate governance & compliance in the EMEA region and overseeing statutory reporting and treasury management for all relevant legal entities in the EMEA region. The role has a fixed reporting line to the President of Informa Markets EMEA and a dotted line to the Informa Markets CFO.
- Member of the EMEA leadership team, playing a key role in the development and execution of strategic plans across the region.
- Contributing to decision-making processes, making economically sound recommendations and producing financial modelling.
- Leading the annual and long-term planning and budgeting processes.
- Supporting the EMEA President and leadership team to analyse risks and opportunities and providing recommendations to drive profitable growth.
- Delivering financial reporting requirements to Head Office (PLC), including at month-end, half year and year-end.
- Developing standardised reporting outputs and processes for the EMEA business and ensuring continued improvement in management information systems.
- Managing compliance activities related to corporate governance and internal controls in the EMEA region.
- Mentoring and developing the EMEA finance team, ensuring that Informa retains and develops the best talent.
- Leading the EMEA Procurement function, ensuring that the business obtains goods and services at competitive prices and quality standards.
- Partnering with Informa Global Business Services, optimise business services in the EMEA region such as Treasury, Tax management, O2C, P2P and R2R. Performing any other reasonable duties commensurate with this role level.
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Business partnering style, with careful consideration for colleagues’ views, an analytical approach, ability to influence behaviour sensitively and a results-focused commercial mindset.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Track record of people leadership (large team) in a global environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as CFO or Finance Director in a large, multinational/publicly traded company.
- Qualified Accountant with recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACA, ACCA).
- Bachelor’s degree, or international equivalent.
- Mergers and acquisitions experience preferred.