Flexibility – We offer a range of flexible working options where possible, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Annual Leave – For all of your hard work and commitment we’ll reward you with a whopping 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, along with the option to purchase more.
Development - At YBS we want you to feel challenged. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey.
Inclusivity - We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
Giving Back – You’ll have 31 hours of paid leave each year to get involved with purposeful and skills-based volunteering activities that support our local communities, such as financial wellbeing, financial resilience and financial education for schools. Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering for our local communities.
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date
About the role:
In this rewarding role you will be given a unique opportunity to gain exposure across numerous different teams within our general services department. These include answering inbound telephony calls providing support for customers on our savings products, mortgage products and investigating and resolving complex complaints to ensure that we find the right outcome for customers as well as completing the administration of savings and mortgage processing.
- You will resolve customer queries via multiple channels, aiming to resolve at first point of contact where possible, always providing an excellent level of customer service.
- You will handle incoming calls within service levels ensuring full ownership is taken to be efficient and compliant within regulation.
- When working flexibly across different teams, you’ll look to improve and develop these areas by proactively identifying and implementing changes to support fair customer outcomes and increase our service levels.
- As we continue to move into the digital age, you will be digitally focussed promoting to customers the digital channels YBS has to offer. To support customers to self-serve and meet their individual needs.
To give you the best possible start you’ll have a tailor-made onboarding journey, we use a hybrid training plan. This includes virtual training, live learning and self-led learning. Full attendance during your onboarding training is essential.
You’ll have a proven track record in delivering a fantastic Customer experience and have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
We're looking for applicants who have previous experience working in financial services, or a keen interest in growing within the industry. If you have a passion for learning, and have had customer service experience using multiple channels including the telephone and are able to demonstrate the below then we’d love to hear from you.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening skills.
- Great attention to detail and able to work flexibly and demonstrate agile working
- Good digital and IT knowledge. Comfortable using Microsoft.
- Good problem solving and thinking outside the box mindset.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
We are on an exciting journey together with a desire to deliver the highest level of support in our end to end customer journey and would love you to come and be a part of it.
In general services we do offer some flexibility to work from home depending on the team you are working in and business needs. We are currently running pilots for home working and would love for you to join and become a part of shaping the future of our work force!
Ready to apply?
Then we think it would be great to meet you. Apply now.