Job descriptionAs a Dover Castle Retail Visitor Assistant, you will join an amazing team of employees and volunteers, making sure visitors have a great time from the moment they arrive until they say goodbye. This is a varied role and some days will be busy from start to finish, whereas others may be quieter especially on the wetter days! No two days are the same.
Retail is an important and growing part of our commercial growth at Dover Castle. We are looking for keen retailers to champion retail within the Visitor Assistant Team and to work alongside the Retail Manager to process deliveries and merchandise our retail products, develop your knowledge of our products and offer our visitor the best product selection, working with our local suppliers to provide a unique offer and manage the levels of stock.
We would be delighted to hear from you, if you would like to talk to us about this role before you apply, please contact Becky Smith, Operations Manager, on [email protected].
We are looking for people who enjoy working with others as part of a team to deliver an engaging visitor experience to a diverse audience. Training and support will be provided as part of your induction to the role, but some paid or voluntary experience working with the public may be beneficial.
You'll find it's a workplace like no other - taking you behind the scenes of these extraordinary sites and supporting you to share your ideas, inspire others and make a difference
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of England's largest conservation charities, with over 400 sites across the country. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of customer service, sales, food and beverage and retail;
- The opportunity to progress your career within the heritage sector, in retail, food and beverage or general management; apprenticeship opportunities
- Free access to all English Heritage sites for you another adult and up to 6 children (under 18 in the family group)
- 25% discount in our shops and cafes;
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/Shared Parental leave
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays pro rata rising to 28 days after 3 years, with the option to buy additional leave
- Matched pension contributions up to a maximum of 10% which can be paid via salary exchange or salary deduction
Everyone is welcome at English Heritage and we are always looking for people who reflect the diversity of the country today, to help us make it more relevant to the diversity of the people, communities and places we serve. From remote sites to inner city monuments, from regional teams to our Head Office, the diversity of our teams is critical to making sure our heritage is inclusive, exciting and accessible.
We continually look for new ways to promote the past in a way that is inclusive to all and that celebrates the cultural diversity of England's heritage. By joining English Heritage, you will be part of a charity that is already on an exciting journey to tell everyone's story.
Interview date to be confirmed.
All Related Listed jobs
Orchard Care Homes Sunderland SR5 £10.42 - £10.67 an hour 8 days ago
University Hospitals Birmingham Birmingham B15 £23,949 - £26,282 a year 15 days ago
Hunter Dunning Leicester £34,000 a year 17 days ago