Band 3Main area Estates & Facilities Grade Band 3 Contract Permanent Hours Part time - 15.5 hours per week (Average Hours Rota) Job ref 164-5109375 Site Queens Medical Centre Town Nottingham Salary £21,730 - £23,177 pa pro rata Salary period Yearly Closing 27/03/2023 23:59
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Estates and Facilities team as a Switchboard Operator.
This will be mainly based at the Queens Medical Centre however you will be required to work from the City hospital from time to time.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work and is motivated to help the public and staff with their day to day enquiries, ideally you will have previous Switchboard/call centre experience however all training will be provided.
Post holder must have proficiency in IT skills.
Hours of work will be 15.5 averaged over a 12 week rota working Wednesday and Thursday's between the hours of 7am and 8pm.
Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
To be responsible for being first point of contact for hospital enquires from the general public and Trust staff.
To be professional and sympathetic to callers in need of support.
To be responsible for putting out emergency crash calls to the 22 22 emergency teams within the Trust, via the Blick bleep system and the Everbridge messaging system.
To be able to respond efficiently and action all on call rota’s sent into the department.
To adhere to all Trust and in house policies and procedures.
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills as well as being a hard working team player who works well under pressure and has an approachable manner.
Working for our organisation
(Our organisation is driven by our strategic objectives and organisational values and behaviours.
We Build Trust; We Empower; We are Ambitious; We are Mindful; We are Nurturing; We are United; We are Honest.
Working in the NHS and at NUH is challenging yet rewarding. That is why we do all we can to support staff with rewards and benefits wherever we can.
We are able to offer dedicated physio support, discounted health treatments and access to fitness facilities.
We offer generous staff discount schemes with Boots and other local companies.
There's also the Blue Light Card which allows NHS staff access to discounts and offers from a host of national companies.
As part of our commitment to sustainability we also offer discounted travel schemes in partnership with local transport providers.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To answer up to 85-100 calls per hour.
Engage with all callers to help resolve their query in one call if possible.
Answer all email enquires in the department inbox.
Answer ALL 2222 calls within a timely manner
Daily lift testing
Weekly fire alarm testing calls
Blick bleep pager daily testing
Help with Doctor change over twice yearly
Handle on call rota’s sent into the department and deal with accordingly.
Most importantly work as part of the team
Training & Qualifications
- NVQ Level 2 Customer Service
- NVQ Level 2 Call Handling
- Computer Literate
- Minimum of 12 months experience working in a call centre of customer focussed setting.
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
Communication & Relationship Skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with callers/patients/relatives who may be very ill and/or distressed using a sympathetic and understanding approach.
- Able to calm angry callers, be empathetic and guide confused callers.
- Resolve caller problems using tact and diplomacy.
- Able to overcome barriers to understanding eg., a caller whose first language is not English.
Bring your whole self to work for us at NUH. We love diversity and we value your difference, your unique skills, knowledge and experience. Becoming one of our people may realise your potential, helping us to raise our performance in delivering world class healthcare to the diverse patient populations we serve.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are currently under-represented at NUH.
Covid-19 vaccination: remains the best way to protect yourself, family, colleagues and our patients/service users from the Covid-19 virus. We continue to encourage our current and potential colleagues to get vaccinated. For helpful advice and information about the Covid-19 vaccination and how to access visit: https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/
Closing Dates: Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of completed application forms.
Communication: All communication related to your application will be via the email address you have provided. Please ensure you check your email account including your junk email regularly.
Easy read application: if you have a disability and find it difficult to complete our online application form, you can apply via our easy read application which you can find on the intranet https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/easy-read-job-application
Salary: The quoted salary will be on a pro rata basis for part time workers.
Disability Confidence: All applicants who have declared a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the post will be shortlisted.
At Risk of redundancy: NHS employees within the East Midlands who are ‘at risk’ of redundancy will be given a preferential interview where they meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Skilled Workers Visa: We welcome applications from individuals who require a skilled worker visa in line with the Home Office regulations. NON-UK/NON SETTLED candidates may not be appointed, if a suitably qualified and skilled UK/SETTLED candidate is successful at interview stage as it is unlikely that the Trust is able to satisfy the Home Office Visa requirements
ID and Right to work checks: NUH authenticate all ID and right to work documentation such as passports, visa’s and driving license through a system called Trust ID. NUH will scan your ID and right to work documentation in to the Trust ID system at your face to face ID appointment. The system will run a check against the key security features within your documentation. The system will provide us with an outcome of your check which will be stored securely on your personal file along with all other pre-employment check documentation.
- Transfer of information: If I have previous NHS service - I consent to the transfer of my Electronic Staff Record (ESR) data between this and other NHS Trusts. I also consent to the Occupational Health Department confidentially accessing my occupational health records from my current or previous employer in order to check the status of my vaccinations, immunisations s and screening tests as relevant to the post. I understand this is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to me taking up the position at NUH.
- Disclosure and Barring Service: Your post maybe subject to a DBS check which incur a cost dependent on the level of check required (£41.90 for enhanced and £21.90 for standard). I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if it is required (by deduction from first month’s pay). Should I decide to withdraw from my job offer, I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of the DBS check undertaken by cheque or other agreed method.