Job Type: Fixed Term Contract (18 months)
Location: London - Hybrid working with one day a week in the office.
Salary: £21,749 per annum (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
If you would like to be considered for this apprenticeship then submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this role is perfect for you by 1st May 2023.
This is an entry level role, therefore we are looking for candidates who have no prior experience or training within this field.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert at any given time due to the number of applications received.
About the Video & Audio team
The award winning Which? Video & Audio team sits within the Content division and creates around 300 editorial videos and podcasts per year as well as working on a range of marketing and strategic video content. We are a small team of eight but have a complete range of skills from scripting and presenting through to recording, mixing and editing and work hand in hand with the wider Content division and teams across Audience, Brand and Communications.
About the Video & Audio Apprenticeship
In this role you will be on the frontline of making videos and podcasts that support all UK consumers. From everyday advice about household hacks, to campaigns directed at the government. You'll help make it all.
You'll pitch ideas and bring them to life. You'll work with our expert team of Producers, Presenters and Videographers. One day you could be helping to make a Tiktok video, the next you'll be recording vox pops for a podcast episode.
You'll support senior producers on bigger projects and help to ensure the smooth running of the team. That could be gathering analytics data, organising a shoot or booking podcast guests.
You'll gain all the skills needed to produce video and podcasts that people feel they have to watch. It will help provide you with the confidence, skills and development for a career as a producer.
- Devise, produce, script, record and edit engaging, shareable video & audio content.
- Assist with planning and project management. This could be for other producers in our team or other teams throughout the business.
- Encourage and develop new video and audio formats, styles and outputs.
- Pitch ideas for video and audio content that meet our strategic goals.
- Track and record the performance of video and audio. Interpret the analytics to understand how we can improve our content.
- Assist with any other administrative tasks assigned to you by senior members of the team. This could include analytics gathering, scheduling, archiving, logging etc.
- Create written articles to support video & audio content and, where required, create stand alone pieces of written content.
- You will have the chance to travel with Which? staff to cover key events but it isn't required.
To find out more about this apprenticeship and the required qualifications please see the attached role profile.
You will be a heavy consumer of editorial video and audio content. You'll know what content works well for media brands, not just individual creators. You'll have an idea of when to use scripted or off-the-cuff content styles.
Most importantly, you're a creative thinker, always looking for new ideas and ways to tell a story. You may even have started making your own videos or a podcast.
You're an independent worker who is always looking for new opportunities. You are able to take an assignment, or an original idea, and see it to completion.
You're self motivated with a continual drive to improve your skills and grow your experience.
We welcome applications from applicants who will be 18 or over when the apprenticeship starts.
What you can expect as a Which? Apprentice
It's an exciting time for us as we launch our apprenticeships programme and we have many activities planned. These include comprehensive onboarding programmes where you will get to meet other Which? Apprentices.
We will provide mentoring support, training and networking events to help you keep on track with your development whilst also encouraging you to develop broader skills e.g. CV writing, interview skills, life skills, diversity and inclusion awareness and mental health awareness. You will also have full access to LinkedIn Learning which provides learning in a broad range of subjects.
We love to celebrate your milestone events as you develop professionally through stages by organising celebratory events and sharing your stories to inspire others.
We also have these benefits for you to consider:
- 28 days holiday + all bank holidays
- 35 hour working week
- Hybrid way of working, with patterns agreed at team level, based on the requirements for the role
- Award winning pension scheme – when you pay in 3%, Which? pays in 6% (rising to 11% after one year of service.)
- Discount site Sodexo which offers large % off every day shopping
- Eligible to join Charity Worker Discount scheme – further savings and offers
- Annual Bonus (up to 5% currently, depending on employee and company performance)
- Healthcare insurance & Private medical insurance and opportunity to participate in Vitality rewards programme - at 6 months
- Free life assurance cover (worth at least 4 times your annual salary)
- Free access to Which? member content and free access to Which? money and legal helplines
Our interview process usually involves 2 stages:
- Sometimes a chat with a recruiter by phone (typically 30 minutes), followed by
- An interview on Google Meet (approximately 45-90 minutes) consisting of values and experience-based competency questions and a role related task on a laptop
- On some occasions there may be a second interview on Google Meet with values and experience-based competency questions (approximately 30-60 minutes)
All our roles are now hybrid (we will supply you with the tools and technologies to enable you to do this).
Which? is the UK's consumer champion, here to make life simpler, fairer and safer for everyone. As an organisation we're not for profit and all for making consumers more powerful.
We impact in key areas such as consumer rights, scams, data protection and unfair pricing. Our investigations go deep and our expert advice is completely impartial. Same goes for our product reviews – our rigorous tests and expert recommendations help consumers to make better decisions. Come and champion consumers with us – it's important work. As people we're brave, caring, rigorous and insightful in the way we connect with each other to make change happen.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore we can make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates as and when.