Legal Counsel (Technology / Data)
Job Title: Legal Counsel (Technology / Data)
Location: Flexible - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- The role includes an exciting mix of strategic technology projects across existing platforms and new product/market opportunities, stretching beyond technology contracting to the implementation of digital strategies with customers and industry partners
- Drafting, negotiating, agreeing, completing and supporting technology and commercial contractual arrangements with customers and partners, plus advising on complex product-related matters which contribute to the development of the business throughout the new product development process, whilst enabling and protecting the Company’s IP
- As a technology subject matter expert, assisting the business on a diverse range of corporate transactional work, including acquisitions and joint ventures, in the UK and internationally
- Ensuring legal risks associated with the use of cloud based solutions to store, process or deliver solutions involving information, IP and data that the Company owns or is responsible for are understood and managed appropriately
- Ensuring the Air sector business continues to respond effectively to its regulatory and contractual obligations relating to IT, cyber security, information handling and personal data protection
- Ensuring the Air sector business is compliant with all applicable legal requirements including health and safety, procurement law, product safety, compliance, export control and ethical business conduct
- Monitoring legal and regulatory developments and sharing your knowledge with team members, other Legal and functional colleagues, and provide training on legal topics as relevant / needed
- There will also be the opportunity for candidates to obtain broader exposure to general commercial matters to develop their skill set and gain an understanding the commercial, political and economic issues affecting our business
Your skills and experiences:
- UK qualified solicitors or barristers with appropriate leading law firm and/or in-house experience
- We are looking for candidates with experience of reviewing, negotiating and advising on IT/Technology and software contracts, such as identifying and mitigating risks associated with digital project delivery. Ideally you will have a deep understanding of how technologies work and know your way around industry standard positions in this area of law
- A genuine interest in continuous learning in relation to digital innovation and digital technologies and enjoy following and sharing the latest legal and technological developments in the industry
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment with strong business acumen. An agile mind-set complemented with excellent legal and strategic judgement and the ability to establish trusted relationships, exert influence and communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience advising on technology matters that arise in corporate transactions and project management leadership skills are desirable but not required
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, car allowance, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Air Sector Legal team:
The BAE Systems Air Sector legal team is growing fast and looking for additional lawyers to join the team. BAE Systems Air Sector is at the leading edge of some of the most complex and varied programmes in the world including: the world’s largest defence programme, the F-35 Lightning II; the Eurofighter Typhoon and the future of UK combat air technology, Team Tempest.
As part of a first class, collaborative and friendly team, you will receive training and development relevant to our industry, as well as wide ranging exposure to a variety of challenging work. The role will provide the opportunity to contribute towards the Air Sector’s overall objectives, which include growing and supporting a sustainable international business, developing the next generation of combat aircraft capabilities, delivering support and training solutions for our customers’ air forces and maximising technological capabilities and cultivating a highly skilled and diverse workforce.
technology lawyer to support the business in developing new technologies and capabilities through new partnerships and collaborations across the civil and defence sectors.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Job Legal Primary LocationGB-ENG-LAN-Samlesbury Closing Date 17/May/23, 5:59:00 PM