Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join the East KentChildren and Young People’s Therapy Team as a dysphagia specialist covering the Dover and Folkestone areas. The post is permanent and will be based either at The Beacon in Folkestone, or Buckland Hospital in Dover and is working with children aged 0-19 with primarily dysphagia needs. The post holder will also provide input for any Speech, Language and Communication needs the children on their caseload may have.
The post will include some development time with inpatient neonates working alongside our Principal Speech and Language Therapist to develop skills in this area.
You will be part of a supportive team both in the community and on the units.
We are a Children and Young People’s Therapy Service, consisting of over 90 therapists and assistants in SLT, OT and physiotherapy. We recognise the benefits of integrated working with our Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy colleagues.
The community team work out of three different localities, The Rainbow Centre in Ashford, The Beacon in Folkestone and the Children’s Assessment Unit at Buckland Hospital, Dover. We have over 90 other therapists in our team, ranging from assistants, junior therapists to more senior specialists.
We are seeking:
- Someone with a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience, Including a minimum of 2 years working with children with eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
- An effective registration with the Health Professions Council and have a professional degree in speech and language therapy
- a proactive, creative and highly motivated therapist
- a passionate and innovative individual
- a team player to join our existing friendly team
- Ability to travel round the locality.
- In-service CPD as well as external training for critical courses. There will be opportunities for individual and group supervision and training.
- Access to department specialists and senior staff for advice and support and joint working.
- monthly supervision
- Child Protection supervision 4 times per year.
If you would like to discuss this post further please contact Joanna Jeffreson on 07815 649261
Situated in Kent, the Garden of England, with easy access to London and close to. the university city of Canterbury, which is vibrant and lively with a theatre, bars and restaurants as well as many historic sites. With Folkestone, Dover and Ashford close by meaning transport links and access to the channel tunnel, Dover ferry port and the Eurostar, making Europe within easy reach.
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.
All Related Listed jobs
Stapletons Guildford £27,383 a year 11 days ago
Childwall Sports and Science Academy Liverpool 3 days ago
Core Group Nottingham £23 - £24 a day Today