Job descriptionWhy Patients Need You Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need when they need them. Job Criteria Role Definition: As a Solid Dose Manufacturing Technician, the successful candidate will undertake process development and manufacture of drug product within the Solid Dose Manufacturing facility (SDM). The successful candidate will be required to follow GMP standards and ensure consistent compliance with Pfizer Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Undertake GMP manufactures, demonstrating basic technical problem-solving skills with successful delivery of clinical products within a fast-paced dynamic work environment. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking to start and build their career in this field. Role Expectations:
- Responsible for preparing equipment for manufacturing operations for use in the GMP manufacturing facility, under direct supervision. Executes process operations, following instructions and accurately records manufacturing observations within batch records. Responsible for clear escalation of technical issues and challenges
- Exhibits a basic understanding of core manufacturing tasks and demonstrates fundamental GMP operational knowledge with the ability to support simple technical problems.
- Accurately completes compliance records and adheres to area GMP & EH&S compliance requirements. This includes the following of Standard Operating Procedures and other related document whilst demonstrating a good attention to detail.
- Plans & prioritises their own work, under direct supervision in the execution of manufacturing or compliance duties.
- Shows the flexibility & ability to learn and retain new skills and simple process operations as an individual contributor.
- Contributes towards the safety culture by identifying and raising incidents and being involved in investigations as part of a team.
- Has the ability to learn from their own and others’ experiences and share with the rest of the SDM team.
- To be mentored/coached by experienced members of the team to develop the required skills and knowledge.
- Colleague interacts closely with the SDM team, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) Quality Assurance (QA) Drug Product Design (DPD) to deliver Clinical and Development batches and projects to agreed timelines.
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to working patterns whilst carrying out facility operations during normal, extended & shift working hours, executing the role with enthusiasm and diligence.
- Identifies operational improvement areas and contributes within a team to implement these improvements.
- Demonstrates a change agile approach towards changing work requirements. Willing to develop and learn the skills required in ambiguous situations with guidance from their peers.
- Willing to undertake additional skills/qualifications to complement practical experience.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise (Sandwich, Kent) The offer will be tailored to the right candidate. Purpose Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives. Digital Transformation Strategy One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience. Flexibility We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation! Equal Employment Opportunity We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees. DisAbility Confident We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we encourage you to put your best self forward with the knowledge and trust that we will make any reasonable adjustments necessary to support your application and future career. Our mission is unleashing the power of our people, especially those with unique superpowers. Your journey with Pfizer starts here! Manufacturing
All Related Listed jobs
Michael Page Taunton £40,000 - £55,000 a year 30+ days ago
Ty Hafan Sully £35,391 a year 30+ days ago
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Manchester £20,270 - £23,177 a year 18 days ago
NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit Liverpool L3 £33,706 - £40,588 a year 3 days ago
Artis Recruitment Bristol £72,500 - £75,000 a year 2 days ago