About our team...
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying School (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE - It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall purpose of the Job
UK Military Flying Training System (Rotary Wing) B1.3 Licensed Engineer, Shawbury
Reports to UK MFTS (RW) Maintenance Operations Manager, Shawbury
- The B1.3 Licensed Engineer is responsible for the certification of line, non-routine maintenance and repair on Airbus H135 rotorcraft.
- Type training will be provided for a suitable candidate.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
- Provide engineering operational support to Flight Operations.
- Accomplishment of maintenance inspections and repairs as directed by nominated LAE Supervisor.
- Work as a team leader and to high standards to ensure continued safe operation of the aircraft.
- Completion of maintenance, including airframe structure, power plant, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Replacement of avionic line replaceable units, requiring simple tests to prove their serviceability.
- Supervision of mechanical fitters and the certification of their work.
- Conduct off-aircraft mechanical, power plant, component and composite technical work in workshops as required.
- Also required to assist in day to day running of the aircraft hangar, including aircraft movement and general housekeeping responsibilities.
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have thorough knowledge of engine and airframe systems.
- Knowledge of specialised test equipment relating to engine and airframe systems.
- Must have up to date knowledge of:
- EASA regulations, particularly Pt 145, Part M and UK ANOs;
- Continued Airworthiness Management (CAM);
- Flight/Airport Operations;
- Aircraft Line Maintenance.
- Knowledge of UK Military Aviation and UK MFTS.
- Experience with SAP and ERP software.
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
- EASA Part 66 B1.3 Licence (Turbine Rotorcraft).
- Type Rating and experience H135, H145.
The post holder should have the following experience:
- 3 years’ experience in a certifying role.
- Experience of Flight Operations and Line Maintenance.
- Experience of Airbus Helicopters products.
- Experience of Military Aviation.
Key performance indicators:
- Maintain aircraft availability levels of >98% at Shawbury (including deployments).
Other requirements :
- Shift working as part of normal working pattern
- Possible travel between Valley, Shawbury and Oxford
Please direct any questions relating to this job posting to [email protected] in the first instance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company:Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Job Family:Customer Eng.&Technical Support&Services <JF-CS-PS>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected] .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.