Job descriptionJob Description Manufacturing Engineer Full Time Bristol
Why Rolls-Royce? An exciting opportunity is available for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the ShadowWorks department in Bristol. At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet. We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of Manufacturing Engineering activities for the ShadowWorks department; ensuring manufacturing processes are safe, support on time delivery to the customer of the product and are capable of achieving the design intent, cost and quality. A key focus of this role is to identify, prioritise and implement improvements to our manufacturing and support processes to positively impact Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and the engagement of our People. You will be working as part of a small autonomous team where traditional boundaries are continually challenged in order to best support the customer with a key focus on collaboration with other disciplines in the team; suppliers, customers and support functions. We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts. Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work. What you will be doing You will ensure that manufacturing processes are capable of achieving and sustaining the design intent, and that processes are followed so that our products and those of our suppliers conform to their specification. Rigorously raise, investigate and resolve safety related issues.
- Manufacture and rework of components (one off and small batch) to support a wide range of development programmes across the RR businesses, primarily focusing on Defence Future Programmes. including civil demonstrators and electric flight.
- Manufacture of parts to prove new designs and technology through rig test programmes for the defence and civil businesses
- Tooling and fixture design, manufacture and repair where fast turnaround is required for Defense Assembly, Test and, Defense Manufacturing. and CTAL, also includes Design & Make for some requirements.
- Repair of in-service parts removed from engines and modules undergoing Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) in Bristol. This includes Defence and Marine products and will also include Trent 700.
- Manufacturing support for new production assembly where required; e.g. adjusting washers and also support for rework in OE Original Equipment (OE) manufacture
- 3D digital scanning (GOM) of parts for a variety of requirements including Air Safety Investigation, Producibility as part of change of source and wear assessments for MRO.
- Thermal paint application and interpretation where development engine testing requires the understanding of temperatures for a given part of the engine.
- Supporting and programming various CNC machines (5 Axis Milling) using CAD-CAM Software (NX Preferable)
- Proactive in Design for Manufacture to influence designs at an early stage to ensure manufacture can be achieved in an optimal manner with consideration for ShadowWorks capabilities.
- Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package which clearly define the manufacturing process and control them effectively where appropriate
- Work with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required
- Develop ShadowWorks manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for safety, quality, cost and lead time. Including the creation, maintenance and control of elements of the Manufacturing Technical Package.
- Resolve technical problems and exercise professional judgement
- Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements, utilising lessons learned and sharing best practice
- Plan and manage activities, communicating current status to relevant stakeholders:
- Professionally Qualified Engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in CNC programming & CAD-CAM Software
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business
- General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the business
- Experience interpreting maintenance data and engineering drawings (GD&T)
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication skills
All Related Listed jobs
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust Weston on the Green OX25 £21,730 - £23,177 a year 13 days ago
Financial Times London £26,625 a year 30+ days ago
Volunteering Matters Lewisham £25,000 a year 30+ days ago
PHMG Careers Manchester Up to £22,500 a year 14 days ago