My client is looking for an Import and Export Specialist to support daily shipping and compliance activities, ensuring that goods are successfully shipped and documentation for them is completed to UK and US compliance legislations.
This is a remote working contract, however there will be the expectation to travel to Essex or Fife initially to understand and learn the systems. After this period, you will be based fully remote.
My client are a leading defence and aerospace company who manufactures complex engineering solutions for the UK MOD. Due to this factor, candidates must be eligible to hold an SC Security Clearance to be considered for this contract.
- Generate shipping and customs documentation to ensure compliance with UK and US Export/ Import regulations
- Ensure all export/import transactions are completed to company policies and procedures.
- Act as point of contact for the business on all export/import shipping transactions.
- Interface with wider company business units and staff, including Programme Managers, Supply Chain Management, Commercial, Finance and Freight Forwarders.
- Ensure accuracy on customs declarations
- Undertake UK Export License Applications as required.
- Reconciliation and approval of freight invoices, Intrastat, ONS & HMRC reporting.
Skills & experience
- Experience using SAP or similar Business Operating Toolsets
- Experienced working with trade policies and procedures in a compliance driven environment.
- Understanding of the HMRC Valuation Rules and Rules of Origin and Preference Origin is desirable
- Working knowledge of AEB Export Toolset (especially Assist4) is desirable
- Working knowledge and experience in the following (all desirable):
- Open General Export Licences (OGELs)
- Standard Individual Export Licences (SIELs)
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) and Export Administration (EAR) regulations
Our client is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and therefore this contract will be run through an Umbrella Company. Income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2023.