Job descriptionJob : Legal Primary Location : Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London Schedule : Full-time Employee Status : Permanent Posting Date : 12/Jan/2023, 5:00:38 AM Unposting Date : Ongoing
The Role Responsibilities
- To provide PA support to Head, Legal, Group M&A and Corporate (“M&A Legal”) and administrative support to the M&A Legal team, that is, lawyers dealing with mergers, acquisitions and divestment projects and corporate support for group functions. The M& Legal team comprises of lawyers based in London and Singapore.
- Role also includes providing PA support for Head, Legal, Group Commercial and Head, Legal Treasury.
- The role involves, managing diaries, arranging meetings, managing post, monitoring emails, attending team meetings for follow-up actions, travel arrangements, expense reports, tracking external counsel cost, invoicing processing via the legal ebilling system (TeamConnect), resolving invoicing/payment issues, document management system (iManage), updating team presentations and maintaining internal Bridge page. In addition, there would be some administrative support for the department and helping the other PA’s with holiday cover.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/ team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of Legal and M&A and Corporate
- Head of Legal Commercial
- Head of Legal Treasury
The person will be reporting to and support the Head, Legal, Group M&A and Corporate and also support the Head of Legal Commercial and Head of Legal Treasury.
- Effective management of diary for the heads of departments. Schedule and managing high profile meetings. Managing logistics for meeting (e.g. room, video conference, meeting ids etc)
- Travel Management: Make and manage travel arrangements, processes of travel visas, hotels, etc. Preparation and submission of expense claims through the Bank’s online system
- Document management using iManage
- Invoicing support from law firms via the legal ebilling system (TeamConnect)
- Raising PO’s, liaising with law firms and lawyers to assist with invoice payment process
- assisting with accruals
- On boarding of new hires and NEW’s - raise system requests required for new hire which are not covered by the HR on boarding programme.
- Maintaining team Bridge page, produce/update presentations, blog posts.
- Other administrative ad-hoc duties such as organizing team events/socials
Our Ideal Candidate
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in similar role supporting senior managers / lawyers and managing directors
- Comfortable dealing multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Responsive and able to pay meticulous attention to detail (particularly in documents).
- Good communication skills with strong command of English.
- Reliable, discreet, and diplomatic.
- A flexible approach to work and able to work overtime as required.
- A team player who demonstrates good interpersonal skills with ability to prioritize workload and manage conflicting priorities.
- Self-motivation, confident, enthusiasm and practical application.
- Able to multi-task and manage numerous deliverables effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills
Role Specific Competencies
- Microsoft packages
- Legal tools – such as ebilling and document management
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers