Landmark House, Ipswich & Bury St Edmunds
Full Time (37 Hours) - Temporary to 31.12.2023
£30,375 - £34,287
Closing Date: Friday 14 April 2023 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L2944 on application form
Applications are invited for the role of a Police Staff Investigator. The principal purpose of this role is the proactive and reactive investigation of serious and complex criminal offences and any other incidents, as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of others and supporting work to deliver exceptional victim service and bringing offenders to justice.
The main activities of the role will involve completing enquires into crime and non-crime matters to include obtaining witness statements, interviewing victims and suspects, seizing exhibits and any other procedures pertinent to a particular investigation. The successful applicant will also manage investigations that may be non-crime related but require the knowledge, skills, and experience of an experienced investigator.
The role will include providing advice on criminal investigations and crime prevention to others and taking responsibility to provide a high quality of service to victims and witnesses, in accordance with the Victim Code.
Other duties will entail activities such as liaising with police officers across the county and in other forces nationwide and other criminal justice agencies.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Completed ICIDP / accredited to PIP Level 2 or significant experience of conducting investigations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels, with the ability to liaise with external partners and other law enforcement agencies in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of dealing with members of the public
- Proven report writing skills and experience
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate attention to detail, in particular in relation to the preparation/submission of case files
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Awareness of law and associated procedures, particularly Data Protection Act 2018/GDPR, Management of Police Information (MOPI) guidelines, National Intelligence Model (NIM), Criminal procedure and Investigations Act (CPIA) 1996, Criminal Justice Act 2003 (as amended), Regulation of Investigative Powers Act (RIPA) 2000, Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
- Full driving licence due to the requirement to drive Force vehicles
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Advanced witness interview trained (ABE)
- Advanced suspect interview trained
- Previous experience of working within a team environment
- Completed ICIDP / accredited to PIP Level 2
DocumentInvestigator - CID - September 2019.pdf (PDF 106.7 KB)
Hours of work are 37 hours per week Monday to Friday with the Constabulary’s flexi-time scheme. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: £30,375.00-£34,287.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: L2944