Job descriptionLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-04-28 Department : Finance Reports to : Group Head of Finance Salary range: £30,000 - £34,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The Finance Department consists of nine people, with the Accounts Payable Clerk being solely responsible for all areas of purchase ledger. The Finance Department looks after eight statutory entities, which includes an education company, a theatre and a recording studio. This is an exciting time to join a group that is going through a significant period of change as it continues to grow and diversify.
- Accounts payable processing and coding for all statutory entities.
- Supplier accounts reconciliations.
- Ensuring new supplier forms are completed and where relevant, IR35 documentation is provided.
- Setting up new suppliers on the purchase order system and accounting system.
- Liaising with suppliers as appropriate.
- Preparing payment runs for review with senior management.
- Processing payment runs.
- Credit card statement administration and collation and checking of receipts.
- Reviewing purchase orders and providing management with an overview of outstanding purchase orders prior to approval.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and closing down purchase orders as required.
- Administration and maintenance of the purchase order system.
- Assisting the maintenance of the contract tracker.
- Other ad hoc work.
- Have a proven track record in a similar role.
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Ability to produce accurate work and consistently deliver to reporting deadlines.
- Good team player.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with internal and external contracts at all levels with confidence.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follows Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and reference checks with past employers.
ACM reserves the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.