Project Management – entry level (London)
About Element Energy
Element Energy is a dynamic and growing technology consultancy specialising in the robust and intelligent analysis of low and zero carbon energy. Our work involves innovative new concepts and is fundamental to the shift to a low carbon future and the mitigation of climate change. We help both public and private sector organisations develop their decarbonisation strategies, technologies, policies and projects through evidence-based investigations. We also work with a wide range of clients and partners to demonstrate and commercialise new technologies to enable the transition. Our teams span all key areas of low carbon energy: transport, buildings, hydrogen and fuel cells, industry and CCUS, energy networks and smart energy systems. We pride ourselves on the strength of our analysis; we work closely with our clients, aiming to exceed their expectations and solve the challenges of climate change together.
Element Energy was recently acquired by ERM, a global sustainability consultancy practice with over 5,500 employees in 40 countries. All Element Energy employees will have access to ERM’s established training programmes and the career development opportunities that being part of a leading global consultancy practice offers.
Why Element Energy?
We are a group of intelligent, friendly and passionate people, who have strong values and are driven by our goal to decarbonise the energy system. We help shape the energy strategy in the UK, Ireland, France, Australia and beyond through our advice to the Committee on Climate Change, local authorities, governments, international organisations and many private sector companies. As a small company (<100 people) we are dynamic and collaborative, allowing your voice to be heard. Element is rapidly growing due to our strong reputation and forward-thinking approach; you will have the chance to progress rapidly in your career on a merit basis. New employees have the opportunity to work across a range of sectors, ensuring you will learn quickly, gain a broad view of the low carbon energy sector, and build experience from across the company. We also offer training on key skills, such as sound project management, delivering effective presentations and writing successful bids, as well as the chance to attend conferences and events. Our team holds a range of social activities, so every member should feel connected and at home. The principles of diversity and inclusion are core to the working culture of Element Energy, with more details provided here.
Role and responsibilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working individual, with strong interpersonal skills, to join our project management team.
You will be supporting senior team members in the delivery of our world leading technology demonstration projects. As part of the project management team, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of complex, multi-stakeholder projects through their entire lifecycle. You will contribute to overcoming the challenges associated with first-of-a-kind deployments in the low carbon sector including hydrogen and electric vehicles, industrial decarbonisation, and energy storage.
Through this role, you will be responsible for building strong client relationships, managing large budgets and events, and supporting the team in monitoring and reporting on targets. This role is varied and requires a flexible approach to working. Previous project management experience is desirable but entry level applicants will be considered in a junior position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Project Lead in all aspects of project delivery through the entire project lifecycle: including project planning & estimation, budget management, risk management, quality management and stakeholder engagement.
- Providing secretariat services for multi-stakeholder international projects including organising biannual meetings and hosting regular teleconferences.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Compiling strategic research, briefing documents, reports, and presentations for project meetings and conferences.
- Developing strategies to communicate the results of projects to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline (Minimum 2.1)
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and low carbon energy
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate and competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Masters level degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous project management experience
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. Prince 2 or PMP)
- Fluent in another European language (preferably French or German)
Salary: competitive, dependent on experience
- Company health insurance (UK)
- Cycle to work scheme (UK)
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of offices
- Christmas and summer parties, and social activities
- Pension scheme
- Annual discretionary bonus
Location: London (UK)
Start date: Rolling, year round (open door policy)
Vacancy type: Permanent position after initial 3 months’ probation period
Application process: CV & cover letter; 2 interviews.