Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our International Team
As the business looks to meet all the needs of its customers, the international team has grown significantly over the last 18 months and the business now operates a branch network in countries such as Australia, Singapore and the US. A dedicated team has been created including sales, operations and finance who are focussed on the smooth running of the international business. This is an opportunity to join a team which is in a high growth phase with lots of exciting plans.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
Softcat is looking for a Finance Accountant to join our fast-growing international team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Softcat's compliance with international returns and accounting. This is a hands-on role that requires a good understanding of accounting fundamentals, attention to detail and an ability to work to strict deadlines.
As an International Finance Accountant, you'll be responsible for:
- Preparing sales tax and VAT returns for our overseas subsidiaries
- Ensuring international transactions are booked in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and monitoring of balance sheet position
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of financial reports related to international matters
- Acting as point of contact for audit queries related to our multinational operations
- Ad hoc project work related to the International business
What we need from you
- Demonstrable solid experience and understanding in an accounting role, including indirect tax
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational and time-management skills, comfortable with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Either an accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Experience with financial reporting systems and posting journals
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.