Astroscale UK & Europe are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and multi-disciplined IT Support Engineer to join our growing global IT team. We are looking for someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves, get through the support workload providing an excellent level of service to the Astroscale teams. This person will also be innovative and creative and can bring new ideas to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the service we provide.
This role will be primarily based around the helpdesk ticketing system to keep track of requests and incidents, escalating to senior members when necessary – you won’t be resetting passwords all day and the work is varies everyday. There will be projects and work outside of the daily ticket grind to keep you motivated and learning. We leverage cloud platforms from AWS, Azure and Google so you will have the opportunity to work with all these systems to some extent.
- Triage and provide 1st and 2nd line support to a growing user base covering Microsoft O365, AWS and other Astroscale systems, escalating 3rd line to Senior Engineers.
- To begin with set up new and manage existing user accounts and access rights
- Install updates and patches, manage software systems and be Proactive
- Configure laptop builds and make recommendations on improvements
- Diagnose and fix network problems
- Maintain inventory systems
- Manage data backups across our estate
- Work with the global IT team to optimise support processes
- Develop training materials for Astroscale users
- Occasional need to support Astroscale on-call may be required
- Create and maintain systems documentation across the Astroscale estate
- Great at supporting Microsoft Windows 10 & 11
- Microsoft 365 administration – 2+ years’ experience, including Teams, SharePoint administration
- Laptop automation & configuration
- Customer service focussed
- Fantastic written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven work experience as an IT Support Engineer
- Ability to think critically and diagnose software and hardware issues
- Ability to manage your workload, effective in prioritising multiple requests
- Experience with Intune MDM
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with scripting languages such PowerShell
- MacOS management
- An interest in cyber security
- Ability to use network diagnosis tools found in Windows/MacOS/Linux
- Comptia or Microsoft certifications
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented, diverse & dynamic international team with cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours in a friendly and supportive environment
- Hybrid working available (dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees considered
- New state of the art office and cleanroom facility
- Regular social events
Astroscale UK (Harwell), with potential for some travel to Astroscale Japan (Tokyo)
We aim to deliver cutting edge technologies that will become part of routine commercial space operations by 2030.
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company dedicated to in-orbit servicing across all orbits. Founded in 2013, we are developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of in-orbit servicing missions, including End of Life services, Active Debris Removal, In-situ Space Situational Awareness and Life Extension Services, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate against the hazardous build-up of debris in space.
Astroscale is an Equal Opportunities employer and embraces a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note to recruitment agencies: Astroscale operates a preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency approaches. Please do not forward candidate CVs or details in response to this advert, or to any Astroscale employee.