Online Sales Assistant, UK Sales
An opportunity to join the Sales Team of a top 5 UK Publisher at a time of dynamic investment and growth.
We are looking to recruit an Online Sales Assistant with good organisational skills to work in our fast-paced online sales team. Reporting to the Head of Online Sales this position will play a key role in the wider team who are managing and growing all the online and digital accounts. A pivotal support to the Head of Online Sales as well as assisting on the day-to-day administration and operations for the team, compiling data for analysis (weekly account updates and other sales reports) and be the first point of contact for general internal queries about our online accounts internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have initiative, a natural curiosity, enthusiasm, will be data driven, good at multi-tasking and with a love of spreadsheets and ready to join a highly motivated and dynamic team.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney.
Based in our Bedford Square office this will be a hybrid-working position.
- Maintain our sales trackers and compile data for reports to share internally
- Prepare customer presentations for team to use in customer meetings
- Prepare and send out NYP grids to update customers
- Update customers regularly about the M&P campaigns
- Assist with online accounts administration
- Oversee our infringement process
- Compile and circulate regular sales reports internally including weekly sales across all formats
- Coordinate and report back on compliance checks
- Supply ad hoc sales figures and market analysis requests
Team support and admin in tune with other Sales Assistants:
- Bookscan reports and updates
- Provide support for general sales admin and ad hoc business analysis
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and can prioritise tasks
- Strong numerical skills
- Experienced with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with systems such as Biblio, Nielsen, Cognos and Vista
The role is a full-time temporary position (12 months) covering for maternity leave.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday/Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Monday 15th May 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 8 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org