Robinson College is recruiting a permanent, part-time Archivist and Records Officer, to work 15 hours per week as part of a small Library and Archive team.
The person appointed will provide a high-quality archive service to College members and external enquirers and ensure that the College’s records are preserved. They will support Records Management by continuing to work with departments on the record retention schedules.
Management of the archives includes appraising, accessioning, cataloguing and preserving documents, responding to enquiries and preparing archival material for displays. The successful candidate will work in close consultation with the Fellow Archivist, and be line managed by the College Librarian.
We are looking for an organised person, who has a keen eye for detail and strong communication skills. It is important that the successful candidate has good understanding of digital archives and the current legislation surrounding archives and records management.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time appointments), increasing with length of service up to an additional 5 days
- Contributory auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Death in service benefit of 2x salary
- Free lunch in College
- Enhanced sick pay after qualifying period
- Enhanced family friendly pay after qualifying period
- Access to a benefits website which provides savings and discounts on a wide variety of purchases, as well as days out, gift cards and other offers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Free parking may be available subject to capacity
- Access to University Card with subsidised travel on U bus between Madingley Road Park and Ride or Cambridge Train Station and the College
- Exercise space for a small termly charge
- Staff social club events throughout the year
For an informal chat please contact the College Librarian, Judith Brown on 01223 339124/email
Please download the full job description and application form below. To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter and the completed short application form directly to the HR Team at
All Related Listed jobs
NHS Scotland Edinburgh EH4 £30,229 - £37,664 a year 7 days ago
UCC Coffee UK Limited London £29,000 a year 30+ days ago
HighCross Leicester Leicester 24 days ago
NHS Scotland Edinburgh EH4 £23,362 - £25,368 a year Today