About the role
Kaplan International are committed to maintaining meaningful relationships with our university partners worldwide and, to providing continued support and high-quality training to our global education partners. Our annual events are an embedded part of our approach, and as we look forward to the rest of 2023 and beyond, we are now offering an exciting opportunity for a proactive and experienced professional to join the Operations team taking a strategic lead for our in-person events.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Director of Operations, you’ll be the ‘go-to’ person for everything face-to-face and will play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering our in-person events worldwide as well as supporting our online event delivery. This role works closely with the whole Marketing and Recruitment team, as well as our global stakeholders to ensure events are delivered to the highest standard.
You will become part of a growing team of event professionals; a Senior Events Manager with a strategic focus on virtual events (currently on maternity leave), and an Events Assistant.
The primary audience of many of the events are our global network of educational partners/agents, education sponsors and our university partners; showcasing the amazing study opportunities for international students through meaningful and innovative events.
Events include familiarisation visits to our colleges and/or partner universities, conferences, training events and offsites (both in-person and online).
Your responsibilities will also include:
Strategic lead for in-person events – primary focus on the delivery of our in-person calendar of activities
- Leading on event planning and delivery including responsibility for the successful delivery of our in-person and online events.
- Managing the event process from conception through to evaluation and everything in between
- Driving innovation and creativity to maximise engagement pre, post and during events and to ensure industry-leading experiences for our audiences.
- Event Management - ensuring strategic objectives are met; developing and delivering on a project plan; providing creative input and ideas to the project team; recommending changes and improvements; delivering on time and within budget.
- Relationship management including development, management and negotiation of supplier, vendor, internal and external stakeholders; cross-team working and communication.
- Collaboration – working with the Senior Events Manager and Events Assistant to deliver events; as well as with the wider Kaplan business and external suppliers and partners.
- Other ad-hoc events’ duties as required by the business.
- Commitment to working outside of normal business hours occasionally, to support the needs of the events and the business.
- Commitment and availability to travel nationally and internationally depending on face-to-face event requirements.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
Proven experience in the end-to-end management of events both in-person and online.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high-quality events.
- Strong time management and project planning skills, able to prioritise, plan and manage projects, and a demanding, varied and complex workload.
- Confident and professional self-starter.
- A real people person who enjoys being part of a diverse workforce.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, collaborate, influence, and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders and vendors.
- Excellent verbal skills, including confidence in public speaking and presenting.
- Ability to think strategically, and execute quality output under tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving ability and quick-thinking approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with strong editing skills.
- Able to be flexible, work independently and adapt to change as required.
- Commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Demonstrable experience of managing data/information and GDPR requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of working with project management, collaboration and communication tools (e.g., Smartsheet, Monday.com, Miro, Zoom).
- An understanding of familiarisation visits
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Higher Education sector
- Experience of catering for a global audience, across different time zones
- Knowledge of using online event platforms
- InDesign or Canva experience
What we can offer:
An opportunity to bring your creativity and make your mark
- Being part of a truly global organisation working with teams from across the globe
- A supportive environment in which to learn new skills and develop
- Dynamic, international environment
- Benefits including pension, medical cashback plan, ride2work scheme, and discounts at leading retailers and wellbeing providers, financial wellbeing programme
- Volunteering days
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role by 10th April 2023.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
- 28 days annual leave*
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part time.
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If as a disabled applicant (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) you would like to request that your application is considered our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) please let us know using this form
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
For international students who have the rights to stay in the UK following graduation, we welcome application under the Graduate Route visa.
£40,000 Per Annum