Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please note that this post will not be based at the National Hospital.
The postholder will be based at Challfont, Buckinghamshire and the postcode is SL9 0RJ. The Chalfont site is about 25miles out of London in Buckinghamshire.
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent relevant experience / HSC Diploma level 3 Advanced / Higher apprenticeship level 3
- Experience in carrying out assigned duties after training
- Working in a team
- Working in a Health Care or related setting
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Able to deal with the public in person and on the phone
- Able to support and reassure patients/carers in distress
- Understands importance of maintaining confidentiality
Personal and People Development
- Demonstrates understanding of own role within the team
- Understands importance of Infection control
- Ability to carry out administrative and clerical duties appropriate to the work area.
- Able to maintain resources efficiently and effectively.
Equality and Diversity
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of equal opportunities.
- Demonstrates understanding of importance of maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Experience of giving care in a multi-cultural environment
Enablement to address health and wellbeing needs
- Understands importance of Health Promotion.
Provision of care to meet health and wellbeing needs
- Able to provide essential care for patients as directed.
- Able to carry out clinical procedures as required
- Able to use a computer/ learn how to use a computer to record information.
At UCLH, we have a real ‘One Team’ ethos, and our values – safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.
At UCLH we take equality of opportunity seriously and are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer, with a culture that creates a real sense of belonging and trust. It is our fundamental aim, to recruit, retain and promote a diverse mix of people who are representative of our local communities. Applications are encouraged from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to support our world class research, innovation and creativity.
UCLH recognises the benefits of flexible working for staff and has a dedicated policy which allows staff to apply for flexible working right from the beginning of employment. For more information please go to: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/work-with-us/why-choose-uclh/flexible-working.
We offer our permanent staff an interest free season ticket loan for travel, all our staff have access to free independent and confidential support, large retail discounts, a staff discount platform, cycle to work scheme and on-site accommodation to name a few.
Additionally, UCLH Arts and Heritage’s staff wellbeing programme, Creative Comfort, offers a variety of ways to engage with the arts as a member of UCLH staff. You can try out the weekly choir, weekly art club and join the Culture Club for exclusive access to free and discounted tickets for opera, exhibitions, theatre and more.
We recognise, reward and thank colleagues by nominating them for our annual Celebrating Excellence Awards, which are funded by UCLH Charity.
We are also members of www.mytrustbenefits.co.uk/ which offers discounts on high street retail stores, offers on travel deals, and also to take advantage of cash back schemes.
This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. You are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be via email. The emails will be sent to you via TRAC.jobs and not via NHS Jobs, we encourage you to check your inbox regularly.
Please note that if you are at present in a training position on the 2016 new junior doctor’s contract and are applying for a Trust doctor role your salary will not be pay protected.
You will be placed on the appropriate point of the Trust Doctor pay scale based on your previous experience.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date of the advert to assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.