Job descriptionSenior Network & Telecomms Architect 041159 Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology Job - Networks Position Type - Full Time
Location: North Greenwich, London - Hybrid Working
Salary: £66,000 - £78,000 Dependant on Knowledge, Skills, and Experience (inclusive of a non-consolidated allowance)
Welcome to your opportunity of a lifetime
London’s population is set to hit the 10 million mark by 2030. Keeping them, and the millions more who visit the capital each year, moving however, will be key if the city is to remain a world-class destination. That’s why, at Transport for London, we're already using cutting edge technology, data, sensors and analytics to ensure we meet the challenges of the future head on. We’re calling it Project 2030 - and you could soon be playing your part in it.
We are looking for a Senior Network and Telecommunication Architect to join the Infrastructure Transformation team within our Technology and Data division.
Working closely with product managers, technology experts, other discipline architects, engineers and customer stakeholders, you will be joining a small team of Senior Network and Telecommunication Architects responsible for the development of technical solutions and roadmaps.
TfL’s operations are reliant on our network and telecommunications services, so delivery of fit-for-purpose solutions is critical. As such, the scope and impact of this role is substantial, so we are looking for candidates with high levels of skill, experience, energy, and drive to really make a difference.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to within Infrastructure Transformation, the successful candidate will responsible for the delivery of technical solutions which efficiently and cost effectively meet the requirements of our business.
You will be responsible for assuring the technical solutions produced by our partners, developing new standard solutions as required, and sponsoring and approving changes to the design patterns and standards employed across our estate.
You will be an experienced architect with a track record of successfully working in teams for large and complex projects.
What we are looking for from you
- Create clear, accurate and agreed functional and non-functional requirements based on service requests
- Determine the feasibility of agreed functional and non-functional requirements through the use of standard and pre-defined technical services catalogue items
- Outline technical solutions or commission supplier proposals to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Undertake risk-based assurance reviews of supplier proposals to validate;
- Suitability of the supplier proposal to meet requirements
- Alignment of the supplier proposal with the technical strategy and roadmap, and relevant standards / design patterns;
- The completeness and accuracy of relevant documentation, including change control documentation
- Value for money
- Assist with the ongoing management of new and amended services
- Assure proposed changes to the technical strategy and roadmap, standards and design patterns
- Ensure an appropriate level of alignment between industry best practice and the technical strategy and roadmap, standards and design patterns
- Research and investigation into leading edge and emergent network and telecommunications systems
- Be a technical subject matter expert
- Support relevant Senior Product Managers in the development and definition of strategies and roadmaps
- Coach and advise the organisation in network and telecommunication technical matters
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert knowledge of data centre network and cloud IaaS services, network trends such as SDN and NFV, LAN, WAN and network cyber security technologies within large enterprises, including service provider technologies and architectures (Azure, AWS and Cisco ACI knowledge and experience preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant technology marketplace
- Thorough knowledge and experience of IT architectural processes, frameworks and techniques
- Knowledge of wider enterprise IT systems such as compute, storage, virtualisation, cloud computing, application design and security, and supporting services and technologies
- Knowledge of IT vs OT and the differing requirements for each
- Professional/Expert level technical certifications in an appropriate technical domain, or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience in a relevant architecture / design role within a complex large enterprise or service provider environment
- Experience of communicating technical issues and solutions
- Strong infrastructure architecture skills
- Ability to assess, review and refine architecture proposals and designs, and liaise with third party architects to modify designs
- Able to analyse complex data
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
The closing date for applications is at 23:59 on Wednesday 17th May 2023
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter. PDF format preferred and do not include any photographs or images
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter. PDF format preferred and do not include any photographs or images
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- Reimbursement of 75% of the cost of a standard class Ticket for National Rail travel from home
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel