Job descriptionWe are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic, efficient and friendly person to be part of the Reception team within Derby City
You will need to have:
- A good standard of general education which includes English language GCSE, Grade B or above
- Previous Customer Service experience
- IT literacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a busy and varied role which requires a flexible approach and you will need to be able to work using your own initiative and as part of the team. Flexible working hours will be required to cover periods of annual leave and sickness.
Monday to Friday worked flexibly to meet service demand
To be responsible for the busy switchboard and reception area, liaising with members of the general public and other services and departments, both DCHS and external. Provide a friendly, helpful and professional service. To ensure that public areas are kept clean and tidy.
To provide comprehensive reception clerical duties, to include: cash handling and banking; ordering stationery and supplies; receipt and distribution of incoming mail; franking and posting outgoing mail; answering all telephone queries and forwarding calls to appropriate services.
To provide a full administrative service to the Podiatry department: registering patients; booking appointments both by telephone and at reception; monitoring waiting lists and liaising with podiatry team.
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people’s own homes and via virtual consultations.
Derby City Locality has 5 clinics/health centres; Coleman Health Centre, Village Community Medical Centre, Revive Clinic, Peartree Clinic and Sinfin Health Centre
PLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
- To provide an effective reception service using verbal and written communication to liaise with patients, relatives, staff and external agencies to support the delivery of an efficient patient service. Ensuring all patients are booked into appointments correctly, and directing them appropriately once they have arrived.
- Telephone answering service (general enquiries/cancelations)
- Receipt of all incoming mail and its distribution.
- Using your initiative and local knowledge to answer patient queries, and sign post to appropriate local services.
- To register new patients to the Podiatry services; maintain waiting lists; cancel, move and book appointments: liaise with Podiatry team.
- Order and maintain supplies as necessary and in accordance with Trust policies
- Sale of continence products
- Responsible for reporting site maintenance issues: liaising with Site Landlord and their agents.
- To provide an efficient room booking service at the clinic so that rooms are fully utilised and not double booked
- Maintaining site emergency equipment
- When on duty to act as a Fire Warden
All Related Listed jobs
BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals Wales 6 days ago
St Michael's Hospice Hereford £10.94 an hour 4 days ago
National Nuclear Laboratory Sellafield £39,140 a year 1 day ago
UKCIL King's Lynn £15 an hour 4 days ago
Wellcome Trust London £44,416 a year 3 days ago