Job descriptionAt Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust we believe in excellent care at the heart of the community. We encourage and expect all staff to actively promote and adhere to the Trust’s values in every aspect of their work.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 3 Health Care Assistant to join our Barnet Integrated Community Service by providing a high quality service to our housebound patients by facilitating earlier hospital discharges and preventing unnecessary hospital admissions.
As a Band 3 Health Care Assistant you would be responsible for providing a safe, personalised and effective care to patients who require community nursing care by working alongside the community nursing team to deliver clinical and administrative duties.
Your main duties will include providing a number of clinical activities and holistic care under the direct delegation of a registered nurse. And carers using a wide range of clinical skills and interventions within a home environment.
You will need to possess excellent Communication skills and a team player and be able to adapt to the changing work patterns of the night service by remaining calm under pressure.
You will also need to have good IT skills to support the systems in place. The Integrated Community Nursing Services has a key focus on facilitating discharges, case management and reducing admission to hospital.
The service works closely with Acute Hospitals, Hospice, including GPs. The service provides care to patients in the community setting. You will be well supported by our current team and provision is also made for your continued professional development.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients’ wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London – (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T&C’s apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetings to discuss issues and make plans to improve CLCH.
- We have exciting opportunities a full Health Care Assistant who wishes to work in the community within our energetic and highly skilled District Nursing Team based at Oaklane Clinic.
- Our District Nursing teams work closely with specialist nurses and Drs, GPs, Therapists and Social Work teams in providing and facilitating collaborative support and care to patients and their families and in preventing avoidable hospital admissions.
- The community Healthcare Assistant role involves working as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering clinical interventions under the supervision and guidance of qualified staff to patients living in their own homes.
- We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are committed to delivering high quality care, are able to work on their own initiative and can demonstrate excellent communication skills with a “can do” attitude.
All Related Listed jobs
Seetec Northampton £23,000 - £24,801 a year 10 days ago
Bellrock Property and Facilities Management Aberdeen AB10 £38,000 a year 8 days ago
Citizens Advice Winchester £30,000 - £33,000 a year 17 days ago