Job Reference: 70080
Posted: Friday 5th May 2023
Closing Date: Monday 22nd May 2023Up to £10.80 per hour Dudley, West Midlands Full-Time, Part-Time
We are looking for a warm, motivated and enthusiastic Support Worker to join our service providing excellent care and support for individuals with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and autism in Lower Gornal, Dudley. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in our vibrant homely service Foresters Fold. As Support Worker you will have a passion for promoting active involvement and communication to ensure that ‘every day is a good day’ for all service users. No two days will be the same as our residents love to engage in a wide range of activities such as baking, listening to music, walking and many more!
Your role will include:
- Providing respectful personal care to individuals and help with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Engaging with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships, working within to encourage wellbeing and positive coping skills
- Offering support to service users in their own homes or in other settings as part of a structured approach and offering respite to carers and practical and emotional support to families as appropriate
- Working flexibly according to the needs of the service, including daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
We provide full, ongoing training so no previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to [email protected] to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS