Commerce Decisions, a Harris Computer company, is seeking a motivated and passionate Front End Software Developer to join its team and take responsibility for the users' interaction with our web-based Software-As-A-Service products.
This position can be performed on a remote basis from anywhere in the UK.
You will collaborate with a variety of stake-holders to gain a better understanding of their requirements in order to develop the user interface of products and ensure they have a good experience which will help them perform their jobs most effectively. This exciting and challenging position requires a self-motivated and independent individual who is committed to developing innovative web-based products.
Commerce Decisions develop and deliver our AWARD® application primarily as web-based Software-As-A-Service offerings. The Front End Developer role is critical in ensuring that our products continue to be successful through a strategy of adopting modern user interface approaches and delivering a great user experience.
The primary responsibilities of this position include (but are no means limited to):
- Ensure a high quality user interface, delivering an easy-to-use experience to our customers and their users.
- Identify and utilise appropriate Front End development technologies to deliver modern web-based user interfaces.
- Work as key member of R&D team to analyze, plan and develop changes to our web-based products.
- Maintain development deadlines and provide accurate estimates.
- Utilise programming skills to ensure delivered code meets high standards of quality and reusability.
- Follow functional/technical specifications and work with the Product Manager and Development Manager to ensure delivered code meets specifications.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance specialists to support the release process for changes.
- Actively participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies, code reviews and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Assist Professional Services/Support staff as required to troubleshoot product issues reported by clients.
Some of the specific skills we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- An eye for visuals and a desire to be creative in designing and implementing interfaces.
- Ability to prototype/mockup before implementation.
- Prior experience with one of more Front End development frameworks.
- Experience consuming REST APIs or GraphQL APIs via a Front End framework.
- Experience creating automated Front-End tests.
About Commerce Decisions
Founded in 2001, Commerce Decisions, deliver best practice procurement solutions to help both buyers and bidders to deliver best outcomes. We’ve enabled some of the largest procurements in the world (think the Olympics, the Elizabeth line to name but two) in the areas of defence, transport, healthcare and Government (5 Billion dollars plus). https://commercedecisions.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday