As a Social Worker, you are the reason why lives change for the better. You help some of the most vulnerable people gain a brighter future.
Working as a Social Worker at All Saints, you will be an integral member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, responsible for assessing the social care needs of D/deaf male service users across two wards, low secure and open rehabilitation. You will be the provider of a quality social work service to meet those needs as outlined in care plans.
This role will involve work with services users who have complex mental health and communication needs, the post holder will also be expected to undertake training to Level 2 in British Sign Language (BSL) which will be provide by the service and supported with study leave
You will have previous experience from the statutory or private care sectors as you manage a complex caseload.
A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within a multi-disciplinary setting and participating in the frequent review of patient care and treatment
- Undertaking safeguarding work within the protocols and policies of the site and wider organisation
- Completing relevant reports and assessments, including assessment of risk
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the service users social care needs with supervision.
- To ensure an accurate holistic and up to date social history is available for each service user which offers formulations and recommendations.
- When it is part of an agreed care plan focussed casework with individual service users using a range of interventions under line management and professional supervision.
- With the service user’s permission initiate visit and maintain contact with families and/or significant others offering support, information and ensure the views of the family are represented to the MDT.
- To take a leading role in promoting anti-discriminatory practice in a way that links the patient individual circumstances to the broader, social, political legal and cultural context (with relevance to care plan).
- To liaise with Social Care Departments and integrated NHS Trusts to ensure that reports and attendance by a representative are available for Mental Health Reviews Tribunals. Where necessary prepare reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals and Hospital Managers appeals and attend hearings in collaboration with Social Services Departments.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Registered with Social Work England
- BA in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or other recognised qualification.
- Understanding of Anti-Discriminatory and Anti Oppressive Practice
- Experience of complex workload and the ability to champion the social perspective on mental health
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of the relevant legislation
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.