With You are recruiting for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join them as a Marketing and Communications Officer, to support the delivery of our marketing and communications strategy in the Liverpool area. This role will join our brand new Marketing and Communications directorate, an innovative team of people who are committed to raising the profile of With You and connecting with our stakeholders in new ways. If you are looking to join a forward thinking, values-driven charity and can help us to raise awareness of the services With You provides, we’d love to hear from you.
The postholder will support our services in Liverpool to create branded content consistent with our brand, including producing high quality, engaging and creative marketing and communication materials including press releases, opinion pieces, statements, leaflets, e newsletters, Q&As, blogs, photography and videos. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of multimedia content such as film, photo, GIFs, animations, illustrations and graphics, across all marketing and communications activities within the organisation. You will ensure that our content enables us to secure media coverage, increased engagement on our social media channels, market and communicate our services, drive brand awareness and connect with our key audiences, whilst building and maintaining productive relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders. This is a new role for our charity, so we are looking for someone who has the knowledge and passion to make this role their own. This is a truly exciting time to join us and this role will enable us to connect with more people than ever before.
The role is fixed term until 31st January 2025.
We’re looking for demonstrable experience working in a similar environment, with the ability to influence decision makers and use communication tools to achieve change. You will have strong working knowledge of social media, broadcast, print and online media, as well as excellent news sense and awareness of key issues. This is a busy team, with multiple priorities ongoing and huge plans for growth, so it’s important that you are highly organised and able to manage your time effectively. This is a hybrid role, working 50/50 from our services in Liverpool and at home. A full job description is available on request.
- Degree or equivalent
- Excellent news sense
- Awareness of what influences decision makers and how to use communication tools to achieve change and influence stakeholders
- Proven ability to gather case studies for marketing and communication purposes
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proven ability to secure media coverage
- Experience managing and growing engagement on a wide range of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to evolve and secure value for money from products and tools
- Ability to use data analytics to improve how we work and develop communications channels
- Experience in working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage competing / conflicting demands
- Hybrid working - 50/50 home based and office based in Liverpool service
- Able to meet With You’s safeguarding requirements of a satisfactory enhanced DBS/PVG certificate
- Ability to work flexible and unsocial hours as required
- Occasional travel and overnight stays
- Commitment to the organisation’s Guiding Principles and Behaviours
- Good understanding of poverty and deprivation
- Good understanding of social policy
- Experience in working for a charity or NGO
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and young people
- Event management experience
- Experience working with celebrities and social media influencers
- Experience using design and editing programmes
Experience acting as a spokesperson
- Experience running social media advertising campaigns
- Experience dealing with the media with regards to crisis management/reputational issues
- Experience in producing photography and developing b-roll packages and other creative film content
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that’s staying safe and healthy, making small changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that’s right for them either face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so that more people can get support.
We Are With You.