Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
An internship at Dolby, offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions,join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Student Placement – Summer 2023, minimum 12 months
Location: Dolby London – Soho Square
1 placement available
For 2022-2023, Dolby is offering minimum 12 month student placement opportunity starting in Summer 2023 within the European Commercial Partnerships team. The placement is based in our London office. This group is involved with supporting take-up of new audio and video technologies for the music, broadcast, consumer electronics, games, music, mobile, online, and PC segments.
The role is within the UK Music Partnerships team, this team focuses on:
• Long-term partnership development with the Music Industry
• Direct support to Music service providers, Music Studios, Music Labels, Technical Music partners and Education partners for Dolby Atmos Music
• Providing technology, advise and expertise to the UK Music Industry
• Collaborating with customers and partners on projects involving Dolby Atmos Music – that span artist/new music promotion, innovation, business development and education
• Collaborating with the Dolby European marketing team, and Dolby Music teams in other Regions
During the 12 months in Dolby London, the placements will involve assisting in the following areas:
· Organizing music events and activity with Labels, Streaming services, Studio and Music Industry partners. Managing the end to end execution and success of the events including daily communication with partners, managing event schedules and guest lists, music demos, coordinating with guest speakers and catering partners
· To be responsible for the management of all demo equipment and to support all demo and event activity to customers and partners. This will include managing demo equipment inventory and demo content acquisition
· Support pro-active internal communication between this group, Global music teams, Marketing, Comms and UK engineering
· Support pro-active communication between this group and Music labels and Music Streaming services
· Analysis of Music market trends, news and opportunities and supporting the development of the UK Music Strategy
· Opportunity for European travel and customer visits
· The students will assist with a variety of demanding professional projects and given the opportunity to utilize Dolby facilities for their university dissertation project.
This placement provides students with a wealth of practical experience in various aspects of Dolby Technologies, products and offers valuable insight in to the UK Music Industry from music creation to delivery and playback on Consumer devices. A successful student will join a team of highly experienced entertainment industry professionals, active in some of the most dynamic and fast-moving market segments. The student will also be given the opportunity to work with the world’s leading audio brand and collaborate with key players from the consumer, music and mobile industries.
Applicants should be an undergraduate in their second or third year of study within a Music & Business discipline. Some technical knowledge and an interest in music and electronics would be highly desirable. Other advantageous strengths are logical and analytical thinking, a strong problem-solving ability, the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and a passion for audio and video.
We would be very interested in hearing from students with related experience, who are looking for an exciting and rewarding placement this year.
Dolby Hiring Entity:
4-6 Soho Square