We are looking for a Senior QA/Assoc. QA Lead to join us at NaturalMotion London/Brighton in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will have a key role ensuring quality throughout the project with respect to our approach, specifically to Nintendo Switch and Lotcheck. You will work with our external partners to achieve the highest possible standards. Ensure we are following best practice approach to Switch quality and oversee/facilitate the external pre-lotcheck testing. You will be deeply integrated with the development and QA teams on that basis and be a key voice for ensuring the highest quality standards that our players deserve.
- Must have Nintendo Switch lotcheck certification experience of at least 1 project pre and post launch
- Coordination of external QA’s for the Nintendo Switch builds; work closely with the QA Leadership to provide personnel development opportunities ensuring continuous improvement and championing a collaborative, inclusive team environment
- Plan and estimate QA effort required to test changes in areas being developed while maintaining overall test coverage
- Evangelize QA quality best practices
- Report test progress to stakeholders, advising them of risks and blocking issues.
- Review all reported bugs for consistent quality
- Update and expand departmental Confluence pages to ensure the team has easy access to all information required for testing
- Improve knowledge of the project; understand the relationship between the client and server elements, along with third party plugins, systems, etc.
- Share knowledge with the wider QA team, being hands on when needed
- Research and identify potential opportunities in tools and automation to enhance and improve test processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience (2 years or more) as a Senior QA or Associate QA Lead
- Prior experience testing a live service title (at least 1 project pre and post launch)
- Nintendo Switch product testing and certification subject matter expertise
- Experience with entire Nintendo Switch development lifecycle including submissions and maintenance
- Knowledge of non-functional testing (such as performance & compatibility, etc.)
- Proven understanding of testing and reporting tools (JIRA, TestRail, GameBench, etc.) and the knowledge how to use them to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Extensive experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsource QA teams, ideally at a development studio.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Passion for free to play mobile or console games!
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players
- around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Quality Assurance
Careers location: Austin, TX, Brighton, UK, London, UK
Connected Worker Type: Connected
Requisition Id: P212373