Marionete is a rapidly growing IT consultancy, focussed on helping our clients implement innovative and bespoke software architectures to support a wide range of mission critical business needs for our blue-chip client base, which is mainly in the Financial Services sector.We currently have 65 staff with offices in London, Lisbon and Dubai. We grew significantly in 2022, with c£10m revenue, and we expect this growth to continue. Our aspiration is to grow to be a £50m business, maintaining our premium position by developing software assets we can use to complement, accelerate and differentiate our consulting services.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
To support this growth, we are seeking a CFO to oversee all aspects of Finance. This will include financial planning, strategy, accounting, budgeting, forecasting and the day-to-day management and execution of all financial activities. The CFO must ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial information, ensuring legal requirements are met and providing the Board and Executive Committee with the insight they need to ensure the continued growth of the business, proactively identifying opportunities to improve our financial outcome. The CFO is also expected to play a lead role in any Corporate Finance activities should Marionete decide to raise additional funds, restructure its equity or enter into a M&A transaction.
You will sit on the Board alongside the CEO and co-founders, and you will also join the Executive Committee that manages the day-to-day operation of the business.Finance is currently supported by a part-time contractor. We expect you may want to review that arrangement, determining what support you will need in your role. Established finance systems and processes are in place for the UK and Portugal, but you may want to review the extent to which these are fit for purpose, initiating any necessary changes.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Development and coordination of the company’s financial strategies, processes and reporting to allow the company to maximise its financial results, providing the Board and Executive Committee (ExCo) with the information they need for operational decision making.
- Lead any corporate finance activities, including any restructuring of the business’s debt or equity, raising any new finance that we require, and playing a central role in any future M&A activities.
- Work with the Executive Committee and Board to set our annual rate card and provide guidance on pricing to our Engagement Directors to ensure that our margin targets are achieved.
- Provide guidance on how we monetise and price any assets or IP that we develop.
- Put in place effective measures to monitor and manage costs and track revenues, initiating corrective action where appropriate.
- Manage billing, cash collection and accounts payable.
- Help Marionete’s Board and ExCo members assess the business case for new services and market initiatives.
- Ensure that our legal and regulatory responsibilities are met in all the geographies in which we operate, managing annual audits where required.
- Produce monthly management accounts with appropriate KPIs that provide the Board and ExCo with a succinct and insightful view of financial performance against plan.
- Work with the CEO, Board and Executive Committee to produce a detailed annual financial plan and maintain a high level 3-year view of our future revenue and profitability targets.
- Manage cashflow, maintaining appropriate levels of working capital.
Establish and maintain any necessary loan facilities.
- Deal with payroll, benefits, pensions and staff expenses.
Ensure financial systems and processes are fit for purpose, initiating change where necessary.
- Deal with any tax matters in the UK and Portugal, including our annual UK R&D Tax Credit claim.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior finance leadership role, ideally in a technology or professional services business.
- Experience in all aspects of finance within an SME environment.
- Experience in corporate finance, ideally including the restructuring of debt and equity and M&A transactions.
- Boardroom-level communications skills.
- Combines strategic thinking with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach to getting things done in a small and rapidly growing business with relatively limited internal resource.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural international environment where remote working is the norm.
- A ‘completer-finisher’ who applies rigour and attention to detail.
WHAT MARIONETE OFFERS:
A chance to become a member of the Marionete family: Marionete is a professional services firm that is differentiated by our deep technical skills and our tier-one client portfolio. We are successful because of the unique talent of our team!
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent position
- Share options
- Benefits package, including health insurance and mental health support
Financial support for personal development and training
- Company Pension Contribution
- Relaxed dress code at the Marionete offices
- A flexible and hybrid work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London
Reference ID: 001