About the RoleThe Queensway Surgery is looking for an experienced administrator to join our friendly workforce. The practice administrator will support, and work closely with, all members of the team, performing various administrative duties. This is a very exciting and varied role and would suit someone who likes a challenge. The post-holder will:
- oversee, and take responsibility for, the administrative aspects of the practice;
- be responsible for various administrative duties;
- be accountable to the practice manager and partners;
- work closely with all members of the practice to meet agreed partnership aims and objectives, within a profitable, efficient, safe and effective working environment whilst maintaining a happy and committed team.
About the Candidate
- Experience of working within primary care or another healthcare setting with, knowledge of SystmOne and knowledge or experience of medical terminology
- GCSE grade A to C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality and information governance standards
- IT literate
- Sound keyboard and computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and NHS Mail
- Ability to operate office equipment, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to check and re-check work to ensure high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work on repetitive and regular tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to escalate problems and issues as require
- Good reading and written skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to deal with patients sensitively
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on own initiative when require
- Calm outlook in a busy workplace
- Positive disposition
About UsQueensway is an inclusive, friendly, flexible, forward thinking, multi-disciplinary primary care team. We are situated in the centre of Southend-on-Sea, with easy access to public transport and shops. We support over 20,000 patients from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are a GP Training practice and there is a heavy emphasis on the training and development of all staff. We are also the lead practice of Southend Victoria Primary Care Network, which covers eight GP Practices and over 60,000 patients.
Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. The Queensway Surgery is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid. We offer ongoing support and development, a competitive salary, including the option of joining the NHS Pension scheme, and a growing number of other additional benefits.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Please note this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
All Related Listed jobs
BCP Council Bournemouth £35,933 - £47,214 a year Today
Eastern Illusion Remote From £200 a day 4 days ago
NHS Scotland Edinburgh EH4 £30,229 - £37,664 a year 7 days ago
Page Personnel London £40,000 - £41,000 a year 7 days ago