It is an exciting time to join Torus, and the opportunity to be a part of the Finance department for a newly created role on a permanent basis to support effective budget management of the Corporate Services teams.
Supporting the Senior Management Accountant, the post holder will be responsible for the production of the management accounts and financial support for the Corporate Services departments (ICT, People Services, PR & Comms, Legal, Governance, Executive & Strategy, and Finance) with a combined budget of £35m expenditure.
This is an important role in which you will:
Support the Senior Management Accountant by providing monthly management accounts.
- Support the development of the Finance Systems and processes.
- Provide information to support stakeholders with their decision making by providing sound financial advice.
- Communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues in a straightforward way, and work with a variety of departments and their budget holders.
To be successful in this role you will:
Be a part qualified (at least one year completed) or fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Have a thorough knowledge of accountancy practice and contribute towards high quality Financial Statements & analysis.
- Have extensive experience of working in fast-paced environment and can prioritise your own workload.
- It is essential you have excellent Microsoft skills, particularly in excel.
Each successful applicant will be required to complete the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being agreed;
- Right to work verification
- Qualification certificate check
- 2x Completed references
- OH Health Questionnaire – Fit For Work
- DBS check (if required for role)
- Completion of all new starter documentation including signed T&C’s
‘Happy to Talk Flexible Working’