At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
These roles will undertake ground movement and refueling of all Apache AH-64E in the Supporting Pool (SP) that are located at Middle Wallop. The posts will be responsible for the timely and safe delivery of aircraft, into and out of the hangars, as required to meet the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) Flying Programme. In due course, the team will provide the same service to aircraft undergoing phase maintenance at the Fleet Support Facility (FSF). Both organizations will be at Middle Wallop. Shift working in support of the OCU flying programme is to be expected.
- The safe, effective, efficient and timely conduct of aircraft ground movement tasks in support of the Apache AH-64E Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and Fleet Support Facility (FSF).
- The safe, effective, efficient and timely conduct of aircraft refuel/de-fuel tasks (limited to connection and disconnection of Authority-supplied fuelling equipment) in support of the Apache AH-64E Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and Fleet Support Facility (FSF).
- The conduct of aircraft starts, marshalling and shut-downs on Apache AH-64E aircraft.
- Securing of Apache AH-64E aircraft on the ground (i.e. fitting/removal of blanks, covers and tie-downs as needed).
- Guidance and direction of non-ground crew personnel assigned to an aircraft ground movement task.
- Operation of aircraft ground movement equipment.
- Operation of ground safety equipment.
- Operation of communications equipment.
- Planning, liaison and communication with aircrew and technicians.
- Exercising personal responsibility for safety, quality, integrity, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention and tool control/accountability.
- Experience in a UK military environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required. All information will be checked and verified.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
What Boeing offers you
As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension Plan with up to 6% employer contribution
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 3x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.