Job descriptionHELLO, WE'RE IMPERO
We’re an independent, award-winning creative agency.
We work with high-profile, global brands such as George at ASDA, Estee Lauder, Chivas, Corona, Budweiser, First Choice, Paco Rabanne, Great Ormond Street and a bunch of others.
We’re pretty good at what we do. We’ve been nominated for two Agency of The Year(s) including The Drum DADI Agency of the Year in 2022. We were also shortlisted as Campaign Independent Agency of the Year and for two years running, made it onto Campaign Magazine’s 100 best places to work. We were awarded a Silver Arrow at the British Arrows Awards 2022.
This year we have our sights set on a D&AD and/or Cannes Lion.
There’s about 40 of us (not including the dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious and do great work.
We’re also 70% female with a 50/50 gender split on the senior team. We proudly have 100% pay parity, and it kind of annoys us that we even have to mention that as something that’s unique within this industry.
We gladly do things differently. We‘re super ambitious, brutally honest and always deliver.Not surprisingly, this is a growing agency, so we’re looking for a Junior Designer who wants to be part of, and help drive that growth. THE ROLE:
Junior Visual & Motion designers should have sound technical skills, a clear understanding of design trends and an ability to apply different styles across brands. You should have a good understanding of visual design and typography and be able to contribute to concept sessions as well as sell their ideas clearly.
Junior motion designers will work under senior team members. They will also need to work closely with our creatives and project managers. Their role is to execute all requests made of them with enthusiasm, speed and reliability, demonstrating great attention to detail, total trustworthiness and initiative. This is a process of learning by doing, but also observing and assimilating the very best practice of their seniors.Most importantly, you must have the same drive as the rest of our team to push Impero to continue making award winning work. You must be talented, ambitious & driven. THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WE WANT TO MEET:
If you live and breathe design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture. We want to meet you if you…
- Have 1-2 years agency experience
- Have good knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft and Keynote.
- Have experience using Cinema 4D and any render engine would be a nice bonus.
- Have a good sense in music editing.
- Are able to easily understand a brief and take initiative to ask questions when needed.
- Have great design skills and a thousand unique styles and ideas tucked away.
- Have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
- Have good communication skills
- Are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
- Are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
- Are enthusiastic and unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
- Are organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines.
- Are driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a can do attitude and a bit of the ol’ entrepreneurial spirit.
- Are interested in being involved in the growth of the business as a whole.
- Being part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- Opportunity to Opt into our Health Insurance.
- Life assurance and Income Protection.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity policy.
- Hybrid working.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – not just be a cog in the machine.
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training facilities for your own growth.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
If you feel that the above describes you to a tee, we’d love to hear from you.
This is an awesome place to work. We are in control of our own destiny. But it means we’re the only ones that can deliver it. We’re all massively ambitious and hard working. But it’s also fun.
We all get along, there is no politics, just heaps of passion. We’re the creative industry’s new guard. And it’s awesome.
APPLY If you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via [email protected] with Junior Visual and Motion Designer as the subject line. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
NO Agencies please – we already work with loads.
- We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.