Job Title: Acute Healthcare Assistant
Trust Location:The Rotherham Foundation Trust
We are all NHS Professionals... could you be?
Work the days you want to work
Could you be an NHS Professional?
Are you searching for a career/job that gives you control of your day, time and location?!
We are NHS Professionals (NHSP), working together to care for patients in the NHS. Providing you with the power to decide when, how, and where you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle and making you feel part of the team and community.
As a member, you’ll have fantastic benefits:
· Competitive pay rates – work this week, get paid next week
· Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go – access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
· Essential support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
· Multi-locational - work across neighbouring Trusts
· First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust – access before they are made available to agency
· Varied working options to suit your lifestyle – access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
· Training and development opportunities
· Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
· Stakeholder pension scheme available
About the Trust – The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (TRFT) provides a full range of district hospital and community services to Rotherham and the surrounding area. Located on the edges of
Sheffield and close to Doncaster, TRFT prides itself on being ‘The Really Friendly Trust’. The Trust is also an Associate Teaching Hospital of the University of Sheffield and has an active research programme delivered through local, regional, national and international research networks and consortia.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight
- Assisting in the delivery of patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse
- Ensuring that the patient is the prime focus when making decisions about their care and wellbeing
- Assisting patients with compassion when undertaking normal activities of daily living whilst ensuring that privacy, dignity, and human rights are respected
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You’ll have the following qualification/experience:
· Minimum of 6 months Acute HCSW UK (Private, NHS or Armed Forces) hospital/hospice experience within the last 2 years
· Currently studying General/Adult Nursing (Student Nurse) and completed a minimum of 12 weeks clinical placements.
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in places to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.42-£19.07 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- No weekends
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
- Care Support Work: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person