Job descriptionFull Time: 37.5 hours per week
The Operational Human Resources Department at Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is recruiting an enthusiastic HR Advisor to complement the existing team. This post offers a unique opportunity for an HR professional or individual with staff management experience wishing to increase their people knowledge. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of a proactive, effective and high quality HR service by providing support for line managers and staff using a variety of platforms (face to face and/or virtual) dealing with a range of day to day employee relation issues.
Building upon your existing experience within HR, the successful candidate will demonstrate a sound knowledge of current employment legislation and good HR practice, along with a particular understanding of the HR issues facing the NHS at present.
The successful candidate will also have excellent organisational skills in order to manage a busy workload and balance changing priorities. They will be highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly in the creation, presentation and interrogation of data in Excel.
The Operational HR Team are part of the People Division. The team consists of Head of HR, HR Managers, HR Advisors and an HR Administrator. The team work closely with staff at all levels of the organisation advising on all operational HR matters.
- To provide support to the HR Managers in the delivery of a proactive, effective and high quality Operational Human Resource service.
- To ensure the timely collation, analysis and presentation of high-quality workforce performance and intelligence data.
- Support Line Managers in the initial stages of sickness absence, performance and conduct management.
- Support investigating officers as their named HR support ensuring witness statements and investigation reports are fully administrated, including presentation at formal disciplinary hearings.
- Develop and run workforce reports from ESR on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This will be in the form of regular reporting requirements (such as professional registration, appraisal and sickness reports) as well as ad hoc data as requested by Line Managers or the wider People team.
- Oversee the delivery of routine HR functions, participate in and support the organisation of job evaluation new and changed jobs panels.
- Supporting the HR Managers in operational HR issues and cases.
- Lead on the administration of, and provide advice and guidance on the Trust’s Salary Sacrifice Scheme;
- Support on a range of wellbeing initiatives including, Staff Opinion Survey, Long Service Awards, GEM staff awards and annual functions.
- Lead on the annual flu campaign, Cycle to Work scheme and be the main contact for companies offering staff discounts and benefits.
All Related Listed jobs
Smart Education Telford £9.72 an hour 15 days ago
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Chesterfield S44 £20,270 - £21,318 a year 30+ days ago