Job descriptionHours: 20 hours per week Rate of pay: £10.87 per hour (full time equivalent of £19,834 per annum based on working 35 hours per week) £11.37 per hour – inclusive of a qualification enhancement for those with a Level 2 qualification or equivalent (full time equivalent of £20,783 per annum based on working 35 hours per week)
Shift pattern: Hours to be worked over 2 days using a 6 week rota.
Closing date: 06/04/2023
Are you looking for a career that’s both rewarding and offers opportunities to develop, but dread the thought of a desk job?
Are you a people person who can strike up a conversation with anyone?
Do you want to finish work knowing you’ve made real a difference to someone’s life?
If this sounds like you – we’ve got the perfect match!
As a Care Worker with Housing 21 you’ll be part of a friendly, supportive team as you work together to support our residents. Once you’re at work that’s it – no travelling between calls as residents live independently in their own apartments within our schemes, which also offer communal lounges, gardens, cafés/bistros and hair salons for them to enjoy.
Working with familiar residents and colleagues every day, you’ll build strong relationships and feel part of the Extra Care family. We want to make sure you feel valued too and have developed our offer to set us apart from the wider care sector. Our Care Workers:
Are paid by the hour, not by the job
- Receive benefits including Holiday Pay, Occupational Sick Pay, Maternity Pay and access to our Health Cash Plan*
- Will be supported to achieve relevant qualifications
- Can join our Extra Care Academy - support and training to progress into management
Is it for me?
You don’t need experience or any qualifications to be a Care Worker; just a positive attitude and kind manner. In fact, if you have ever cared for a relative or friend, raised children, or helped a neighbour with shopping or gardening you have already displayed a lot of the skills we require!
We offer full training together with recognised qualifications and, if you want to take your career in care a step further, joining our Extra Care Academy can help you progress into a management role. Many of our Managers and Assistant Managers in Extra Care started out as Care Workers in our schemes.
All you need is:
To be kind and friendly
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to undertake necessary further training
- A genuine desire to help people
- Reliability and flexibility
- The ability to use your initiative
- To remain calm under pressure
About the role
Everyone is different but what stays the same is our commitment to offering high standards of care to all our residents regardless of their care needs – enabling them to live their best lives.
Our residents tell us how important our Care Workers are to them, being a friendly face, brightening their day and helping to make life worth living by doing the simplest of things. Tasks can include:
Supporting with household and domestic tasks, such as laundry, shopping, cleaning, and financial transactions such as paying bills.
- Making meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
- Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed care plans.
- Assisting residents with getting up in the morning, providing personal care including washing / bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and going to bed in the evening, as well as providing help and ensuring medication is taken as required.
- Putting resident wellbeing at the heart of the service, going the extra mile to ensure our residents can live their best lives and ensuring managers and key agencies are kept informed of progress.
At Housing 21 we’re proud to be bucking the trend as a care provider; not only do we pay at least 10 percent more than the National Living Wage, but we offer a range of impressive benefits including:
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Occupational Maternity Pay
- Health Cash Plan*
- Blue Light Card (offering discounts across retail, hospitality and leisure)
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Car Lease Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 50p hourly enhancement for all Level 2
- Training and development to fulfil your career aspirations
About Housing 21
Housing 21 is a leading provider of Extra Care and Retirement Living for older people of modest means. We have over 20,000 properties, work with 240 local authorities across England and provide 38,000 hours of care every week.
We are one of just two percent of organisations to hold the Investors in People Platinum standard and there has never been a better time to join us as the organisation continues to make a positive difference to society.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.
Health Cash Plan funded for those working a minimum of 10 hours per week on a guaranteed hour contract.
All Related Listed jobs
Northern Care Alliance NHS Group Salford £27,055 - £32,934 a year 10 days ago
Perfect Placement Automotive Recruitment Ilkeston £30,000 - £35,000 a year 12 days ago
Compass Group London EC1M £13.16 an hour 30+ days ago
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Maidstone ME16 £21,730 - £23,177 a year Just posted