Job Title: Sales Administrator
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Location: Portlethen, Aberdeen
Roemex is a privately owned service company working in the global energy sector with around 35 employees. We are headquartered in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire and provide speciality chemicals and consultancy services to the Global Energy Industry. The Portlethen office houses our Operations, Research & Development and Commercial Operations divisions. We have regional offices located in Dubai and the Netherlands. Roemex’s business is in the conventional energy sector (Oil & Gas), but our business is expanding into the Renewable Energy Industries such as Geothermal and Offshore Wind. Our business consists of a dynamic team who strive to provide high quality, responsive service and bespoke solutions to our clients’ challenges and projects.
We are seeking a Sales Administrator to support the Commercial & Operations team. You will be responsible for handling aspects relating to receiving & processing sale orders by phone and email. You will work with other departments to ensure client orders are manufactured, shipped & delivered in a timely manner. You may also be required to liaise with other business functions performing administrative support as required.
What you will be doing
- Administrative support for activities of the sales team
- Support updating sales presentation materials including brochures, product information documents etc.
- Offering after-sales support to customers.
- Preparing quotes for potential customers and processing order requests.
- Keeping customers updated with relevant product information.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of relevant software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Process orders via email or phone using Sage software system
- Check data accuracy in orders and invoices.
- Contact clients to obtain missing information or answer queries.
- Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure timely deliveries.
- Maintain and update sales and customer records.
- Develop monthly report.
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally.
- Support with month end accounting. Including collation of monthly figures,
Administrative support to other departments including but not limited to:
- Procurement & Logistics support
- Input to HSEQ
- Educated to HNC/HND level would be preferable but not essential.
- Experience in sales, office or in an administrative position would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Friendly and professional with good attention to detail.
Hours of work are 35 per week. The normal working pattern will be Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break each day.
If you would like to apply for this role, please select ‘Apply Now’ to begin your application. You’ll be asked to submit a CV and a short supporting statement outlining how you fulfil the person specification for this post.
Please note that the supporting statement is an important part of the application and will be assessed as part of your full application. Roemex will only accept applications with a supporting statement.
Closing date: 31 March 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 3 April 2023
Roemex is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.