Job descriptionAre you looking for a new challenge?
The Portering Department within, Estates, Facilities and Capital Development (EFCD) have an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking team as a Porter Supervisor working at the Princess Anne Hospital on Fixed shifts 1400 - 2200 Monday to Friday, there may be ocassions where you will be required to work in the Portering team at Southampton General Hospital as a Supervisor.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Portering Team consist of around 107 Porters and Supervisors covering University Hospital Southampton Foundation Trust and Princess Anne Maternity Hospital. It is a complex service providing support across the Trust.
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience
needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by
hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
What we can offer you
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
What you’ll do
- Be central in supporting the wider team as a Supervisor
- Maintain key working relationships across the Trust and with external suppliers/contractors to maintain clear communication on behalf of the portering department
- You will be at the forefront of shaping our future services, playing an important part within the Portering Team, providing quality Supervision and project support
- Have previous experience as a Supervisor/Team Leader
- We’re looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a mature, responsible and flexible outlook to join our busy team.
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and be able to communicate at different levels.
- Have a proactive approach to managing a team and workloads with the flexibility and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have a high standard of professionalism.
- Have a good standard of IT skill, particularly with Microsoft Office.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday, 25th April 2023
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
All Related Listed jobs
Bilfinger Kingston upon Hull HU7 12 days ago
Bionic Group London £22,500 a year 12 days ago
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust Brockworth GL3 £33,706 - £40,588 a year 7 days ago
Great Western Railway (GWR) Reading £18 an hour 2 days ago
Urban Outfitters Oxford OX1 30+ days ago