Role - Construction Site ManagerLocation - Monmouthshire Start Date - ASAPDuration - Initial 3 Month Contract which could increase to 12 MonthsRates - £500 Daily Rate Inside IR35
Construction Site Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Construction Site manager (CSM) for Smart energy solutions projects will act as the Project Managers representative and the client's point of contact at site, enacting the role of the Site manager under NEC and JCT Contracts. The CSM role is responsible for ensuring that the site based construction activities across the client's DE are safely and efficiently managed in accordance with both legislation (HASAW, CDM) and client DE policies, procedures and standards.
1. Safety & Health
- The CSM will lead by example on all Site matters SHEQ related. Create, drive and maintain a positive engagement of the client's SHEQ culture throughout the team on the projects construction element of the asset lifecycle. Instill the values of the "Safety Family" within the team.
- Good understanding of Safety and Environmental legislation and practices and policies
- Good working knowledge of CDM Regulations and practical experience in their application.
- Discharges the responsibilities of the Principle contractor under CDM.
- Responsible for ensuring that a system is in place for ensuring all Contractors are set to work and managed in line with the client's Safety Management System.
- Ensure that the Principal Contractor (PC) is pro-active in discharging their duties under the CDM regulations, not least in managing all safety aspects of the construction-based activities
- Provide input to, review and comment on the deliverability of the PC Site Delivery Programmes and proactively monitor all activities, promptly advising the Project Manager of any programme risks
- When the client enacts the role of PC, chair regular Site Progress Meetings with all client Contractors and issue minutes of these meetings, a file of these to maintain on site. Minutes and any relevant documentation as required by the project and PM including site daily diary to be kept.
- Be familiar with industry construction standards and will be expected to inspect, approve or reject materials and workmanship. Ensure the Principle Contractor has a Quality Plan and suitable Inspection and Test Plan in place.
- Complete all Witness and Quality hold points as required.
- Undertake the role of Engineers representative for sensible monitoring (hierarchy of risk control) of site construction activities and be familiar with all aspects of the contract documentation (where appropriate) Issue written site instructions following agreement from the Project Manager and authenticate any record sheets issued by the Principal Contractor. (Familiarity with standard contract terms and conditions i.e. FIDIC, BEAMA and NEC is desirable). Note, verbal instructions are not recognised with the client.
- Ensure that a drawing documentation system is established on site, which clearly indexes drawings logged and filed in specific sections. Ensure the Principle Contractor maintains the system throughout with the latest working drawings/revisions clearly noted and drawings filed to ensure they are readily available
2. Customer Service
- Build and manage strong relationships with external customers and supply chain. Obtain an understanding of their project needs, share experiences and provide support and guidance on best-in-class construction delivery solutions.
- Take ownership for driving strong customer satisfaction and ensuring that customer concerns are proactively addressed and brought to resolution.
- Engage and work positively with all internal customers and stakeholders across the matrix structure.
3. Technical expertise
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and knowledge in the areas of Energy efficiency technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This section is to define/qualify the expertise/capability which is ESSENTIAL to meet job demands.
Business Knowledge* Basic Project Management skills including management of risk for delivery of projects to scope, time, cost, quality, safety and security of supply. * Awareness of Contract management within fixed price and target cost contracts * Previous experience of project site management capability of working to deadlines and in a contracting environment * A strong understanding of SHEQ construction requirements/legislation such as CDM. * Demonstrable experience of working under commercial contract frameworks such as NEC3/JCT etc. * Experience of working and managing teams & stakeholders within a functional business structure. * Strong Knowledge of and commitment to the Company's overall aims and objectives * Knowledge of all relevant Client processes and proceduresEssential Functional / Technical Skills* Health and safety - BESC plus SMSTS / NEBOSH / IOSH accreditation * Working knowledge of Electrical and mechanical systems * Knowledge and understanding of civils elements of works * Project planning via MS Project / Visio / project specific applications * Ability to assist with writing / presentation of tender responses internally and to commercial customers * People development skillsPersonal Attributes / Competencies* Strong verbal communications skills * Able to build and manage stakeholder relationships * Strong customer service ethic and skills * Able to work as part of a team * Able to work on own initiative * Influencing skills * Practical problem-solving skills * Able to stay calm under pressurised conditions
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.