DESCRIPTION DU POSTE
If you’ve experience operating heavy machinery, are open to training and development, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as Mine Operative.
You’ll be working for British Gypsum, based out of our Fauld Mine, in Tutbury, Staffordshire. British Gypsum is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and the is the UK’s leading manufacturer of interior lining systems.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! For this role in particular we are looking for someone with the following skills and experience;
- Adaptability and common sense; this is a highly hazardous environment, so a proactivity towards health and safety is a must have
- Experience operating heavy plant machinery/construction machinery, or anything industrial would be beneficial
- Experience in a production environment, following strict safety rules and regulations, as well as detailed instructions
- Openness to working underground, on a shift pattern
- Willingness to learn and develop
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Mine Operatives are really important to our success. In this role you will;
- Be fully committed to high safety standards
- Be an integral member of the Mine Production team & operate front line production machinery (full training will be given on each piece of equipment). The machinery includes mechanised scaling machines, drilling machinery, shovel trucks, as well as the use of explosives
- Follow directions to ensure extraction width and height is in accordance with Mine Design.
Are British Gypsum and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.