As a Finance Specialist you will have a love for numbers combined with a strong business sense.
Being able to put people first is key for this role: communication, trust and collaborative work will be as relevant as any finance and accounting experience.
You will be working in an international environment and creating presentations, KPI and monthly analysis that will support all our stakeholders’ decisions all over the world, to ensure business sustainability.ACA, CIMA or equivalent certification is required, as well as experience in month-end and year-end closing and consolidation of group accounts under IFRS or UK GAAP. Background experience in Audit is valued, as well as experience within international groups.
This is a hybrid position. You will be required onsite in Leicester at our office 2 days every other week.
You rock at
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, great technical accounting skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships;
- A team player and not being afraid to get stuck in with transactional work or other ad hoc requirements;
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial statements;
- Supporting the year-end process, including auditor liaison, consolidation, and preparation and review of the group financial statements.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail;
- Being self-driven and working with little supervision towards a common team and company purpose;
You are good at
- Supporting our stakeholders with information requests;
- Liaising with our local accountants and tax, audit, legal partners;
- Assisting with accounting policies and queries for both group and subsidiaries
- Drive improvements to the annual statutory accounting process;
- Ensure the alignment between the operational areas of the companies and the financial area;
You value people and interactions built on trust, commitment and empathy.
You also have great experience in working with financial accounting and consolidation of medium/large companies with international locations.
You enjoy being hands on, and find it easy to work around details as well as the whole picture, and are enthusiastic about continuous improvement.
- Flexible and autonomous working
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus, subject to company performance
- Access to Udemy online training and opportunities to learn and grow within the role
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), after 2 years of employment you are entitled to 1 additional day a year up to 30 days
- Private Medical Healthcare with Aviva
- Enhanced pension scheme (up to 8% matched)
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave and pay
- Annual company team-building trip and Christmas party
- Visa Sponsorship
- Retail Discounts Scheme
- We have an amazing office in Leicester if you want to physically connect with minders. Remote is also an option.
- At the offices, we have a wide range of snacks to keep you fed and healthy
- Most of all you get to work with a bunch of great people, where the whole team owns the project together in a politics-free environment. Our culture reflects our lean and self-organisation attitude. We encourage our colleagues to take risks, make decisions, work in a collaborative way and talk to everyone to enhance communication. Freedom and Responsibility go hand in hand, and we value commitment, feedback, and empathy.
At Mindera we use technology to build products we are proud of, with people we love. Software Engineering Applications, including Web and Mobile, are at the core of what we do at Mindera. We partner with our clients, to understand their product and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems that create an impact on their users and businesses across the world.
You get to work with a bunch of great people, where the whole team owns the project together. Our culture reflects our lean and self-organisation attitude. We encourage our colleagues to take risks, make decisions, work in a collaborative way and talk to everyone to enhance communication. We are proud of our work and we love to learn all and everything while navigating through an Agile, Lean and collaborative environment.
Check out our Blog: http://mindera.com/ and our Handbook: http://bit.ly/MinderaHandbook
Mindera is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Our offices are located: Porto, Portugal | Aveiro, Portugal | Coimbra, Portugal | Leicester, UK | San Diego, USA | San Francisco, USA | Chennai, India | Bengaluru, India | Cluj-Napoca, Romania