Our client is a growing bio tech business seeking to hire a Financial Accounting Manager. The role will suit a technically strong Accountant to take ownership of the accounting for the EMEA region. The role will manage a small team and be responsible for the statutory accounting, VAT and be the main POC for the auditors.
Take ownership of EMEA VAT compliance strategy. This includes regularly meeting with local accountants to ensure we are meeting local requirements and working with the existing Financial Accounting Manager on task assignments to ensure Financial Accounts team provides timely and accurate information.
- Support statutory requirements including working with local and in-country accountants on relevant income tax filings and statutory accounts for the group’s legal entities across EMEA. This will include liaising with the US Corporate Controllership and Corporate Income Tax functions on local matters related to income tax fillings and statutory audits.
- Partner with the existing Financial Accounting Manager on execution of month end internal controls including journal entry and account reconciliation.
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the local Payroll team and management of relationships with third party payroll providers. This will require close partnership with HR and the EMEA Finance Director.
- Maintain and enhance documentation of current business processes, financial controls and accounting policies to adhere to internal and SOX procedures.
- Key contact for internal and external auditors and oversee the EMEA interim and year end audit procedures.
- Lead and coach direct reports, plus others in the Financial Accounts team.
- Liaise with local accountants in EMEA subsidiaries to ensure consistent accounting and reporting.
- Support the FP&A function with the annual financial strategy and budgeting processes.
- Lead and manage other ad-hoc and project-based work as required.
A salary of £65,000-£75,000 plus bonus and benefits.
All Related Listed jobs
NHS Professionals Epsom KT17 From £21.80 an hour 30+ days ago
Travail Employment Group Ltd Sheffield £11.00 - £12.50 an hour 3 days ago
Whitbread Luton LU4 £21,000 a year 30+ days ago
Housing 21 Walsall WS8 £10.87 an hour 12 days ago