Job descriptionAt MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- “In our Gift” providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertake a range of electrical work, procedures for installation, commissioning, testing and validation, repair and routine maintenance of new, refurbished and existing industrial/commercial and domestic equipment or services, whilst at time observing all relevant Health and Safety guidelines and regulations
- Undertake other non-electrical multi skilling duties where skills, abilities and competence/training are appropriate for such and has been approved by supervisors
- Undertake appointed Competent Person (CP) roles after appointment by the trusts Authorised Person (AP) as required and in accordance with HTM’s for which additional training will be provided.
- Install, maintain, fault find, test and validate and problem solve complex equipment/systems/plant in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, relevant H&S regulations, Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP’s), Hospital Technical Memorandums (HTM’s) British Standards etc. and in the most efficient manner
- Interpret and work from electronic drawings, specifications, risk assessments, method statements, permits to work, work orders etc. using both paper and computer based systems.
- Carry out specialist testing, complex maintenance and servicing where training has been given and competencies or certification allow.
- Ensure accuracy of plant, tools, equipment and materials where appropriate and use/apply in accordance with legislation, physical skills, Health and Safety and manufacturer instructions
- Ensure installation, repair and maintenance of the Trusts and external customer physical assets are undertaken in the most efficient manner and ensures best value
- Exchange routine/complex information where appropriate and offer feedback where required
- Organise, plan and prioritise own work, in liaison with the supervisor, day to day tasks and assist in planning new installation work
- Carry out routine/complex duties independently where appropriate to competency, health and safety and allowed with minimal supervision
- Observe a personal duty of care in relation to own/departmental equipment and resources used in the course of the duties performed on a day to day basis (tools, equipment, specialist test equipment and stock)
- Use all Trust and hired specialist equipment for which additional training will be provided and any other property/equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Maintain, install and repair complex equipment, fittings and other physical assets required by the job role on Trust and Partner’s premises
- Report any misuse of, or faulty equipment to the appropriate person
- Order and purchase spare parts, supplies, physical assets, stock or other equipment/materials within budgetary limit and which are necessary for the job being carried out whilst considering best value.
- Attend and participate in all reasonable requests for training and meetings
- The post holder is expected to have a clear understanding and share the Mission, Values and Behaviours of the Trust which defines our culture. All staff are required to promote and adhere to these.
- Responsible for promoting a positive work culture.
- Responsible for maintaining own core competences and CPD register along with supporting department wide training and development needs.
All Related Listed jobs
Domino's Pizza Bordon GU35 £10.45 an hour 30+ days ago
LINNAEUS VETERINARY LIMITED Solihull Today
Ben's Gutters LTD East Grinstead £20,020 - £40,000 a year Just posted
Bupa Care Homes London £12.10 an hour 1 day ago
EMIS Group Plc Wakefield WF4 £60,000 - £75,000 a year 5 days ago