NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Location – Inverness
Highland Health & Social Care
Post Title – Child Protection Advisor (Health)
Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Duration – Permanent
Salary Scale: Band 7 - £43,422 - £50,506 p.a.
(Please Note NHS application forms will not be accepted, see below to apply)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Child Protection Advisor (Health) position in Inverness.
- Providing specialist guidance, advice, support, leadership, training and supervision to health personnel in relation to the wellbeing and protection of children, young people and families, within capacity of role.
- Providing specialist child protection health advice to partner agencies where a child or young person is at risk of harm or neglect and represent health in processes to protect children and young people across Highland
- Delivering child protection training to health personnel across Highland Council, NHS Highland and partner agencies.
- Undertaking audit and research, collecting and managing data in accordance with requirements.
- Attending MAPPA case conferences as the health representative as required.
- Providing health representation and decision making at interagency referral discussion (IRD)
Informal enquiries regarding the post to:, Associate Lead Nurse for Child protection, Tel: 07775 016980
Application Forms and Job Descriptions are available online www.myjobscotland.gov.uk reference number – HGH14380. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application please contact Business Support 01955 608279 (24 hour Voicemail) quoting the post reference number above.
Please quote reference in the subject line of your email – HGH14380.
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 3rd April 2023.